Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Can you believe it?

I'm here.  I'm really here.  Living and surviving and even having some fun as we worked our way through a snowy and cold winter!  I am happy to say, our daffodils have buds on them.  I love that the sun goes down later now and our trees will be blooming soon.

With all of that, there really just isn't anything exciting going on.  I can't think of anything snarky to write about, I haven't been in any confrontations with raging drivers and my clients at work have been fairly normal.  Though I do often complain on Facebook about people who have gross feet.  I won't massage gross feet, so don't ask, because the answer will be "no".

We have "met" our exchange student via online methods.  He is 15 (he will be 16 when he gets here) and he is from Sweden.  I will not tell you his real name, but my BFF calls him Sven, so I probably will, too.  That is not his real name, though, and she is concerned she might call him that to his face.

How, do you ask, will she call him Sven to his face when she lives a 24 hour flight away in Guam?  Well, that's easy.  She's moving back to the states in April.  She'll be within a days drive on the east coast!  Yay.  We are excited.

I am all abuzz with the Royal Wedding and am hosting the Gala of the Year to gather all my friends who want to either stay all night, or join us at about 4:00AM that morning to watch the wedding together.  I will be sporting a tiara and a replica of Princess Di's, now Kate's, ring.  It's true.  It arrived today.  There will be Buck's Fizz (British name for Mimosas), Welsh cakes, and other breakfast assortments along with English Tea and a real wedding cake.  There will be a British flag to welcome the guests and engraved matchbooks as a party favor.  We will even have quite a bit of memorabilia on display, as one of my friends is quite the Anglofile and Royal Family Expert and collector of all things Windsor.

So that's it.  One of these days, I hope to get back to blogging on a more regular basis.  Of course, I think that frequently...

3 comments:

  1. I want to have a party now too. Is it sad that, apparently, I haven't been paying enough attention to the details to know when the wedding actually is? April? Hmmm. I like any reason to drink mimosas and eat baked goods though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, a royal wedding party!

    Suhweettt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your life has been full of fun stuff keeping you from blogging, but I do miss you!

    ReplyDelete