Monday, January 17, 2011

Hopefully this is not a sign of how 2011 will go.

I spent some time on New Year's Day in the urgent care.  Take a look at the picture below and you'll understand why.
As it turns out, I apparently scratched my eye and broke some blood vessels...in my sleep.  I went to bed on Wednesday, Jan. 30 with no issues.  I woke up on New Year's Eve with a red spot, but it was contained in a small area.  I woke up on NYD and it looked like most of the blood vessels in my eye exploded.  A week of antibiotics to prevent infection and then a few more days of healing and I am all better.

2 comments:

  1. Lord have mercy, girl! That looks painful!

    Get better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! It's hell getting old... I've pulled muscles in my sleep before... sometimes I wake up half paralyzed! WTF? I'm 40(ish) not 80!

    ReplyDelete