Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another boy makes SIX!

Our family is growing.  We are so excited.  Come August, we will have FOUR boys in our home, not including MG or Ace, the cat.  Have you fallen on the floor yet in shock?  Well, get your rear back into your chair, because I am NOT expecting a baby.  In fact, boy #6 is a teenager.  If all goes well, we will be hosting a foreign exchange student for the 2011-2012 school year.  We are in the process of filing the paperwork (which is equivalent to, or more cumbersome than, applying to college!), getting background checks (we have to pass a State Department clearance), collecting references, etc.  All of this needs to be done very quickly because our school district has a cutoff date of April 15.  We will get to review profiles and choose a student who hopefully will fit well into our loud and chaotic family.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Any of you readers who have any tips, suggestions, advice for being a host family, please feel free to leave your info in the comments section!  We can use all the help we can get.

4 comments:

  1. I had friends that hosted exchange students for years. And all of those kiddos are still their extended families. I see every ex-student still relating to them within their facebook pages and it's neat, because I remember them all, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition! Est-ce qu'il parle français?

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. No advice, just congrats. My sister hosted a girl from Sweden years ago and I believe they still keep in touch. (And I barely keep in touch with my sister!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ALWAYS wanted to do that!! I think I might sign up for that next year. I am DULY inspired!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete