Monday, November 8, 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear: A Pictorial Summary

If you stopped by here last week, you know I attended the Rally to Restore Sanity.  If you didn't stop by last week, but want to read my written summary, go HERE.  Read on for the pictorial summary.
This is us on Friday evening on the Metro.  We rode downtown DC to check things out around the Rally area and to see some of the sites.
Capitol Building
The Washington Monument
Washington Monument
Helicopter flying to and from the White House.  Was the Prez on it?  We aren't sure and I didn't get a picture with this helicopter and the decoy helicopter in the same frame.
C, E and Jo
Do I really need to tell you what this is?
Rally stage from our seats.
People around us.  If you are wondering what that woman's shirt says, it is "Evolve Already".
More people around us.
Jo and E
C and Jo.  We could NOT get any kind of phone/text/email/web service or connections due to the other 250,000 people trying to do the same thing!
E, L, Jo and C
Yay!  1 minute 24 seconds before Jon Stewart hits the stage.
Believe it or not, Jon Stewart is on this stage.
This sign really was not at all pertinent to the rally, but it still made me laugh, a lot!  And maybe a little too loudly.  If you can't read it, it says, "Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers."
The streets of DC post rally.

I still have two stories to tell.  One of me calling an ape faced (literally. he had a full ape face mask on.) 20 something an asshole to his face along with some other "discussion points" to go with it.  Also, the story of me totally losing my shit in the Metro station when it was crammed with me, my gal pals and these 250,000 people.  That will be my next, and probably final, post about the Rally.  Then it will be back to my regular boring material.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a post somewhere about the funniest signs and posters at the rally and I was cracking up. I can't believe you went. You rock!

    ReplyDelete