Friday, October 1, 2010

You say it's your birthday? Well, it's my birthday, too!

Though I have no problem tooting my own birthday horn, that is not what I am going to write about today.  Well, not directly anyway.

I grew up with a boy.  I have known him since kindergarten.  We graduated HS together.  He was the first boy to give me a kiss.  In kindergarten.  We have always been friends.  We don't have a lot in common any more, but I do love it when I run into him when we happen to be in our hometown at the same time, usually for some kind of reunion.

I have a good friend that I met in HS.  We graduated together and went on to college together.  We live hours apart now, but still talk several times a year, Facebook together, and see each other a couple of times every year or two.

We all three share the same birthday.  Today.  Two of us are 43, and Leslie Ann is 42 (bitch!).  I can guarantee you, all three of us are thinking about each other today.  It was always fun sharing our birthdays together at school.  Once we were in college and we would all three be home for a holiday, we'd always talk about what we did that year to celebrate.  Every year, on this day, while I wallow in my own party, I wonder what they are doing.  This year, thanks to FB, I will probably know, at least a little!

Though neither of them read here, I hope my birthday buddies are having a great day!

7 comments:

  1. And it's on the weekend!!!! You get to celebrate for 3 days. Hope it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday ... and may your wishes come true. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's my birthday too! Tomorrow, that is. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate your day; by thinking of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit late, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday!
    also, I'm sorry about the surgery and I'm sorry about the 100 bottles of pop. We sang that too, in the car. My mom didn't let us say beer.

    but the teachers did... weird.
    Ah heck. It was the 80s. They were probably coked up

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday girlie!

    ReplyDelete