Thursday, July 8, 2010

Getting to know you...

I am reading up on NYC.  BlogHer is coming up and I'll be there.  But I'll also be visiting the Big Apple for a few extra days.  I bought the Fodor's book for NYC and will be brushing up on the ins and outs of the city.  It's been many years since I have visited and I'm not a college kid any more! 

So for those of you familiar with the city - any suggestions?  Any places that are a MUST (that aren't already obvious)?  Any restaurant(s) that you can't leave the city without dining at first?  What about shopping?  I'm always looking for things to do, see and buy that aren't the mainstream chain stores, restaurants and tourist attractions.  Any tips for getting around?  I have managed my way through other big cities here in the US and overseas and do fairly well, but any insider information is always a help!

And finally, will I see you there?

4 comments:

  1. The last time I was in NYC, I was in the audience of a Phil Donohue show. Are you old enough to know who that is? haha Sorry, I can't help you.

    And sadly, I will not be at BlogHer. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Joe was in NY during the 9/11 as an Official from the FD, the police would wave him through and gave him carte blanche of NY: avoiding traffic and staying in the local fire houses during his search and rescue operation. According to him....the best places to stay (because of the good food) are the fire houses......Maybe if you asked.....or dressed like a stripper, they'd let you stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am of no help. True confession: I have never been there!!!!
    Not going to Blogher. Saw the opportunity to sign up and decided it was on the weekend the day before my kids go back to school. Plus kind of expensive. I wish there was an event for people to meet but did not make a big organizer lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy Blogher! Have a wonderful time in New York. I've only been there a few times, but I love the energy and excitement of the big city. I also like that it's well laid out on a grid system and it's easy to get where you want to go by foot or cab. The best part about NYC for me is coming home! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete