Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Basic decisions

I noticed the other day, as I was folding laundry and putting it away, that I have underwear I love and underwear that is ok.  Why do I have underwear that is ok?  Shouldn't all of a ladies underwear (or should I be saying panties?  underpants?  undergarments?  foundations?) be underwear she loves?  I was thinking about this while I was folding.  I even decide which undies to wear based on my mood for the day, what I am wearing, where I am going, etc. etc.  For instance, if I'm going to work, I put on the ok underwear.  It's just work, right?  But why shouldn't I go to work with a smile on my face because I know under my outer clothing I am wearing underwear that I love.  I also wear the ok underwear when it's, well, you know, that time of the month (I tried to go gentle with that, there are male readers here).  That way if there are any leaks, I don't have to worry about my undies that I love being trashed.

I then started thinking, "Why do I even buy ok underwear?  Why don't I buy only underwear I love?"  I realized then that there was a time when the ok underwear probably fell into the love category.  Then something better and newer came  along and they were demoted to ok. 

Am I the only one who does this?

5 comments:

  1. You fold your underwear?

    I think you have some shopping to do.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm older, and, uh, bigger, harder to find underwear I like. Choices are limited.

    I do have some I like better. Reach for those on good days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, and do most of what you do. I also think buying and having new underwear is, honestly, a boost for the soul. It's nice to know you've got something good going on down there!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently cleared out about 25 pairs that were too small! I have neutral ones for those white skirt or khaki days. I am what I am. And that is just a comfy, cotton Hanes 3-pack gal.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...I just found you but I absolutely must weigh in about this! Underwear you love is absolutely worth it. It's ok to have underwear that's just ok (and probably we all have those, really...) but don't you feel about a thousand times cuter all day long when you're wearing the drahs you love?

    ReplyDelete