Friday, June 18, 2010

You're hot!

CJ, who is six, is ALWAYS saying funny stuff.  He also tells me how pretty I am, how pretty my hair is, how nice I look, how much he loves me.  He'll be a good husband.

The other day I was making pizza for lunch.  I opened the oven door and he came running over.  I told him to stay back because it was hot.  He hugged me from the back and said, "YOU are hot!"  I immediately said, "Thanks!" thinking that was a new compliment from him.  He then laughed (and he is so.damn.cute. when he laughs) and said, "Not sexy-hot, hot from the heat of the oven."  Not "sexy-hot"?  Where in the world did he hear that?  Did he even know what it meant?

So I asked him and he told me he heard it on a show called Adventure Time.  Clearly, I am not paying much attention to what my kids are watching.  I asked him if he knew what it meant and he said no, but I am thinking he did, because he used it totally in the right context. I gave him the best definition I could of "sexy-hot", but really, how do you explain that to a six year old?  He now thinks sexy-hot is the same as pretty.  I think I will have to clear this up in the future.

10 comments:

  1. can you hear me laughing? hahaha that is so cute! i would have died if my son called me sexy-hot, well for one i don't have a son but if i did, you know... lol.... my daughter is always calling this one and that one "hot" and i just laugh... tv it's not always the best thing in the world! ;)
    have a great weekend!
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids know way more now at a much younger age than we ever did. It's cute when they're little--and pretty darn funny--but not so much as they get older. And it's so hard to know where they're hearing all this stuff! Besides me, I mean. I have to watch my mouth around the little ones. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I can't wait to read your blog after you get a phone call because he called his teacher, "Sexy hott"! lol

    And I deleted my previous comment because it had a grammatical error. Had I left it, I may not have been able to sleep tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I have to say that I love Adventure Time (it's seriously my favorite show, tied with 30 Rock) and there are some really questionable sound bites on there. But, I let Jake watch. He thinks sexy is a bad word, based on a little girl at daycare who told him it's a bad word. So, do I tell him it's not bad? Let him think it's bad? I don't know. But, when they said sexy hot on AT, he asked why there was swearing on cartoons.

    This is hard.

    I had a second off point too, but I forget it now.

    I'll say second off, that is a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I thought the same thing as Crazy Charm - should make for an interesting parent/teacher conference. But I totally agree, that one is going to make a lucky young lady very happy.

    I try to monitor stuff on tv as much as possible, but even the commercials are difficult to catch. However, I'm a horrible mom when it comes to music - I caught the 4-year-old air scratching in the backseat to "Baby's Got Back" just this past weekend. Hubs almost ran off the road laughing so hard. I was just mad I didn't have a video camera - $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos fo shizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fortunately, they do, in fact, grow up too fast, and then you remember all these little things, and wish you had to them to keep forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious. It sounds like you are raising quite the future husband for some lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping he doesn't tell his school teacher the same thing. Lucy....you could have some 'splainin' to do at the Principal's office.

    ReplyDelete