Friday, June 25, 2010

You Light Up My Life!

We did not build our house – the family before us built our house. I could go on and on about what I would do differently. I would probably be able to say that even if we had built this house.

I’m not sure building a house is something I even want to do. There are so many decisions to make – cabinets, flooring, countertops, sinks and faucets for kitchens and bathrooms. I can't tell you how many times I (by that, I really mean my husband) have painted and repainted a room because the color "just isn't right."  Imagine the stress I would be under trying to make decisions on things that couldn't be so easily changed!

In addition to the decisions I mention above, there is also lighting. I guess I thought that would seem like the easy part. But I recently was asked by Jason at CSN to review a site for recessed lighting. Wow! Who knew recessed lighting was so diverse? There are not just different types of lights, but also recessed lighting trims. Some of them can really jazz up what I always thought was a “one option” selection.

Like this cover:
And this one:
Oh, and this one!
Then there are “Beauty Spots” for recessed lighting. Think of a crystal lampshade for a recessed light that reflects light and color into the room and onto the ceiling.

They look like this:
And this.
Basically, after looking at something as simple as lights and seeing options out there that I didn’t even know existed, I think I am glad not to have to build a house. I am much better at improving others' creations than I am at creating from scratch.

Now for the giveaway. I am giving away a $30 gift certificate to be used at any of the CSN stores - there are 200 of them! You get one entry each for:

Following me

Leaving me a comment and telling me which store you would make a purchase from.

Linking to this blog entry from your blog

Tweeting about this giveaway.

Just leave me a comment for each of the above that you do. I will close this giveaway Saturday and announce the winner on Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. I think I would end up using the gift certificate in one of the housewares sections. I like kitchen tools and gadgets and pretty much anything that has to do with cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would most likely purchase from toysandgamesonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would use it in the Outdoor Living store.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete