Friday, June 11, 2010

What has gotten into her?

I did it again.  I went and rode another rollercoaster yesterday.  Well, actually two.  They were both ones I had ridden in the past, so I knew what I was getting into, but it was still fun!  My husband is worried I am going to explode my brain.  I did pass on the ones that I know do a lot of shaking and super fast and high drops.  I am still drooling over one I haven't ridden yet, and probably never will.  But that's ok.  I've squeezed in quite a few this year already when I know I shouldn't.  I think it's time to give my patchworked and repaired brain a rest.

On the other hand, I bought CJ a new pair of sneakers with a higher sole and then stuffed the bottom of his shoes with napkins.  That did the trick and he surpassed the 48" mark and was able to ride many of the bigger rides he has been aching to get on.  The one coaster we rode together, which hangs from a track instead of riding on a track like a train.  On the way up the hill he said something like "WHY did I want to ride this?"  I wasn't sure what would happen after that, but I knew one thing ... there was no going back.  He ended up loving it and rode it again later.  I loved it, too, but did not ride again.  My godson also rode and could barely hold in his stomach contents towards the end.  He got off and ran to the trash can where he was quickly distracted by a nickel laying on the trash can lid  It was a miracle cure and he was good to go the rest of the day.

Thankfully, my middle son, my BFF (visiting from Guam!) and her niece were all there to take my place with CJ on the rides I am still opting out of.

Flight Deck

3 comments:

  1. OK, I got nauseous just picturing the rides and looking at this. Glad you are having fun with the boys and your friends!
    Question, take a look at the rides on Stratosphere on top of a building in Las Vegas. Would you do that? I almost have a nervous breakdown just looking at the rides that put you hanging over the edge of the building. Or just being on top of the building….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love rollcoasters!!! LOVE them. The problem is that non of my fuddy duddy old friends like them so that leaves me with very few opportunities to ride them. I am divorcing my friends and finding news ones reeeeeealll soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napkins in the shoes? Love it! What a resourceful, rule-breaking ;-) mama.

    ReplyDelete