Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Discovery Shuttle Launch - UPDATE

There was some problems viewing this due to a privacy restriction.  I have corrected that, I hope!  Carry on.

If you read my earlier vacation post, you know we went to see the Discovery shuttle launch on our spring break. This is the 2nd launch we have seen. After this one, there are three more launches, so you better hurry up and get to one by the end of the year!  If you haven't seen a shuttle (or rocket) launch, it is really cool. We went to Jetty Park, which is about 12-13 miles from the launch pad. This is ALMOST as close as you can get without being on site at Kenneday Space Center. We camped in our van, which may or may not have been a good time, depinding on who you talk to. I slept better that night than I had in a few days! (By the way, our previous launch we watched from Titusville, which was also a GREAT view of the launch, and has a better view of the actual launch pad.  Titusville is as close as you can get without being on Kennedy Space Center property.) There were hundreds of people camping, maybe more, to watch the launch. When you are around that many people for something as exciting as this, you can feel the excitement in the air!

Unfortunately, we did not have our tri-pod. I think my hubs did a pretty good job making this video while also trying to see the launch as a spectator and not a videographer! Turn up your volume a little at around 55 seconds until about 1 minute 25 seconds. That's when you can finally hear the rumble and that's when we feel the earth shake.  This video doesn't portray just how loud it is, though!  The launch took place at 6:30AM.

1 comment:

  1. OKay - it's saying that it's a private video....hmmmm what am I missing? I want to see this video!!

    :-)

    And I have my 2 1/2 year old in my lap wanting to see a rocket ship too!

    ReplyDelete