Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Under the Influence

I had to chuckle.  I recently had a hit on my blog from someone who did a search for "3 kids under the influence".  Man, I have three kids and there are times I wish they were under the influence of something.  Something good.  Something that's not only good for them, but good for me. 

Right now, they seem to be under the influence of smart mouths.  Ok, not 100% of the time, but enough that I am really tired of hearing myself and my husband say "Stop talking back" and then sending a child, almost exclusively the older child, to his room so "I don't have to listen to your smart mouth."  It sticks for a few days, and then low and behold, that smart mouth is back.  I'm not sure what type of influence he's under, but I think it has to do with being almost 13.

5 comments:

  1. That is funny: Three Kids Under the Influence.

    We have had the same thing with our oldest. It has gotten him into some trouble! I have to say he is almost 14 and it is much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the influence of hormones. I'm under that same influence:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the influence of testosterone is pretty annoying, especially in an almost 13 yo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three kids under the influence of somethin' too. I'm not quite sure what it is but I'm thinking about making some hash brownies to mellow them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes...being almost 13, or being 13, or being almost 14--I recognize the symptoms.

    ReplyDelete