Monday, March 29, 2010

He clearly lacks self-preservation skills.

My neighbor friend and I went shopping yesterday.  If you haven't tried the undies Jockey is making you need to get a pair - or six.  They are made of all natural fibers, including bamboo, and they are so very comfortable.  In our quest for the Jockey store, of course we had to stop and shop along the way.

Unexpectedly, I found a pair of undies that "hold it all in" and most importantly, stops the jiggle.  Basically, they are skin tight spandex that go from your butt/crotch to up to below your boobs.  This is exactly what I need to wear under a couple of sundresses I have.  So I bought them.  Then my neighbor friend bought a pair.  We were cracking up wondering what our husbands were going to say about these uber sexy underwear.

When I got home, I pulled them out and showed them to my husband.  The look on his face was the equivalent of what I would expect when a man imagines his mother naked.  He then said, yes he really said it, "Why don't you just do some sit ups."  Lucky for me, or maybe lucky for him, I am not easily offended, easily hurt, and I don't easily have my ego knocked down a peg.  Lucky for me AND him, I have a pretty good sense of humor.  I laughed and made some comment along the lines of "why would I need to do sit ups when I can just buy undies that have the strength of a suit of armor?" 
Later, I was outside doing something when I saw my friend's husband out on the driveway (our driveways practically connect).  I asked him about the undies and what Chris said. He laughed and made the comment that is now the title of this post.

6 comments:

  1. LOL - I hear sex can also be great for the abs. Shame your husband won't be reaping those workout benefts anytime soon ;-)

    I'm off to shop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will go find a pair of these. They will be MY secret though. Last summer I wore a dress to a wedding and I bought one of those camisole Spanx undergarments. It seemed to work but I wore it over a bra and it was so dang hot and uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I've personally come full circle and have embraced the idea of a modern day girdle--as long as it doesn't give me a stomach ache. First the gut sucker underwear and the granny low heels (which still hurt my feet like heck) and next I am on the slippery down hill slope to a sit-up less life.

    In the words of one of my best friends, "Exercise is for single people."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do sit-ups and I could still use one of those so your husbands logic is obviously flawed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really refreshing how you reacted. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking I'm going to have to find me a pair of these!

    ReplyDelete