Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Fragments

I'm back!  It's been a while since I have participated in Friday Fragments.  Sometimes my fragments are so fragmented, I can't even get them down in writing.  Not today though - here they are.  Mrs. 4444 has even more Friday Fragment bloggers you can check it out.

I left at least one item off my favorite things list - Moroccan Oil.  This is the most incredible hair product EV-AH.  If you buy it, do NOT buy an imitation in hopes of saving money.  They are not the same.  This seems to be a favorite thing that I am loyal to and I don't see that changing.

Five movies down last Saturday, the final five of the ten Best Picture nominations event is this Saturday.  (If you have an AMC Theater near you, check to see if they are hosting this event.)  We will be seeing Up, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, An Education and District 9.  A 14 hour movie marathon.  My ass is tired and my legs are stiff just thinking about it, but it's a ton of fun and totally worth the achiness the next day.  It's amazing how a day of total laziness and being stuck upright in a theater chair can wreak havoc on a body.  Last week I was lucky enough to have people next to me who left and I had three seats in a row.  I put up the chair arms and laid down during The Blind Side since I had already seen it.

I am flying solo this weekend.  The house to myself for three glorious days.  Life is good.

I am loving some of the new TV shows - two of my favorites are Modern Family and The Good Wife.  I also watched the premiere of Parenthood and it was good.  Thank goodness for DVR.  I sometimes catch up on these shows in the middle of the night when I am suffering from an attack of insomnia.

Speaking of insomnia, Wednesday night I had the most awesome night of sleep.  It feels damn good!

It's official.  I bought my ticket to BlogHer '10 last weekend.  NYC may never be the same.  My husband has already commented about whether or not he needs to worry about me and some of you other crazies terrorizing the city.  Anyone interested in staying a few days extra to see a show and do some shopping/sight seeing?

In like a lion, out like a lamb.  The sun has been shining in SW Ohio for TWO days now.  I'm not sure when I last saw the sun.  It's still chilly today, but this weekend it's supposed to be in the 50's.  I took this picture yesterday.  Apparently, Mother Nature is ready for spring, too.

9 comments:

  1. Modern Family is the funniest show out there. It feels good to laugh like that.

    And the sun! What a difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting caught up on my blog reading. Happy Friday!!!!

    I too love Modern Family. It makes me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Modern Family, I don't htink, but then I don't watch much TV. I love that picture, by the way-we don't even have snow here and nothing is even TRYING to poke up out of the ground yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally loving Modern Family too. We had my 21 yr old niece over and told her about it and then realized we had about 6 episodes on the dvr and watched them all again. Converted her. I thought about BlogHer but it is the weekend right before school starts here. I guess I could go if I really, really wanted to, but wished it were a diff weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time reader here - looks like you really enjoy the movies. 'Up' is a great one. I'll probably rent 'Serious Man' sometime. Do you do reviews of them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO happy the sun it out here in Jersey! Going to do some bike riding this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture, and I love that spring is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm solo tonight and loving it very much. I've never figured out women who complain when their husbands are gone, haha.

    Modern Family is my absolute favorite these days. I'll have to check out your recommendations, too.

    I love that shot of the green poking through the snow.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Modern Family is one of the best shows in a long time!

    ReplyDelete