Monday, February 22, 2010

They grow up so fast.

I do not consider my blog to be a "mom" blog.  I also don't consider it to be a "cat" blog.  I do blog about both, though, and since my BFF asked for an Ace photo update, here it is.  Be careful what you wish for!

These two pictures are of Ace shortly after he found us.  He was about eight weeks old.  He was so tiny that he could not even wear his collar because the ID tag and bell would drag on the ground and he would trip over it.
This is Ace now, resting in a bag of bags.
Unfortunately, I don't have any "baby" pictures of Ace laying in this chair to show you then and now.  Believe me when I say he is much bigger.  He was about 2 lbs. when we got him and he is around 10 lbs. now, maybe a little more.
Ace is a snow cat.  He loves being in the snow and he chases the little snowballs as they form when he runs through the snow.  I am not sure why he is "all puffed up" in this bottom picture.  He probably saw a snowflake and is showing off his manliness.

He is such a cool cat.  He goes out a lot and 99% of the time, he comes running when we call him to come in.  He wears a bell and we can hear him coming from a few doors down.  He runs and runs and looks so excited to be coming home.  I think he might be part dog.

He still follows me everywhere.  It might be to protect him from our kids, who always are wanting to play with him, pet him, carry him..  I can tell by the look in his eyes, though, a lot of times he feels like I do and just wants to be left alone for a few minutes.  He pretty much goes wherever I go.  Even in the middle of the night, if I get up to go to the bathroom, he will follow me there and back to bed.  CJ is the roughest with him, and I often can see a total sigh of relief when I come back into the house alone after putting CJ on the bus.  I swear, that cat looks at me and thinks, "Finally.  Alone at last."  If I am not going anywhere for the afternoon, the two of us curl up on the couch and totally veg out for a couple of hours before the chaos begins again.

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a good cuddle with a cat. Our dog doesn't like to cuddle, although she will sit on your feet to warm them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do you love this kitty by any chance?

    jk. My dog loves loves to play in the snow. Here I thought he was so special. not.

    :)

    ReplyDelete