Sunday, February 21, 2010

Proud Sponsor of Moms

If you are like me, you are very closely watching the Olympics.  I LOVE the winter Olympics.  I get teary eyed when Olympians come down that slope or finish that skate or complete the half-pipe and know they just accomplished gold.  They go running to their families, friends and teammates, they cover themselves in the (hopefully) US flag, they scream, they cry.  It makes me teary.  I love hearing Cecil chant "U.S.A., U.S.A," even when the US has already been eliminated from an event.  I chuckled when CJ said, "Mom, Apolo Ohno has a puffy blue coat just like mine!"  Short track skating is my all time fave, followed closely by snowboard cross (Seth Wescott makes me SWOON!) and the biathlons.  I also like the half-pipe snowboard competition.

I love the X&Y commercials where the Olympians are kids because the moms always see their children as kids.  My husband works for X&Y.  He has a great career there and it has been an exceptional company to work for.  It has allowed us to live a comfortable life.  And I LOVE their latest effort of supporting moms.  Their "proud sponsor of moms" campaign for Olympics is backed by some serious financial support.  If you weren't aware, X&Y gave $100,000s of cashola to help defray the costs of travel and accomodation so every single mom of an American Olympian could see their "little one" compete.  I love that.

You can read about it HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Aww, I didn't know that about X&Y! That is awesome! You and I must be just alike, I cry when the National Anthem is playing every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is very cool. anyone helping moms is a winner in my book. i don't know if i have seen those commercials. could they be regional?

    i like the half-pipe, too.

    do you have your ticket for blogher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught the commercial for the first time last night-awesome! Perhaps love for the Winter Olympics is a mom thing...I have been glued. Not to mention how nice it's been to hear our National Anthem played so often!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those commercials! You've just gotta love a company that puts action behind their words. That kind of financial support really says something about commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been enjoying some of the commercials but I didn't know they helped all those mamas, that is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats WONDERFUL. Every Mom should get to see their child compete. They have given as much of themselves as the athletes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a WONDERFUL idea! Yay for X & Y.

    ReplyDelete