Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Woman down!


That would be me.  The stomach virus that started with Sous Chef, hit MG, then Big E finally knocked me on my ass.  I spent over 30 hours either reclining or in the bathroom.  The others had vomiting issues.  Me?  Well, let's just say my colon is cleared for a successful colonoscopy.  And my bathroom needs a good dousing of Lyso and bleachl to clear all those extra nasty germs it has been exposed to.

I don't remember the last time I felt this bad.  Man, this is really a stomach thing.  My stomach would cramp up from under my ribs to my pelvic bone, last a couple of minutes.  Stop.  Repeat.  It reminded me of being in labor.  And considering my labors were fairly short, with one being really short (I went from 3 to 10 centimeters in 30 minutes!  Aren't you glad to know that?) this pain lasted a hell of a lot longer.

I'm still not back 100%, I spent most of today sleeping.  I'm thrilled that I have been able to sit here long enough to put together this post.  I hope it's coherent.  I could really use a shower, but that may have to wait.  Keep your fingers crossed that CJ doesn't get it next.

4 comments:

  1. oh lord... we should have seen this coming! i love you dearly, but i am so glad you are several states away right now!

    take care of yourself and get your strength back! you will need it to take care of cj. fingers are crossed, of course, but the writing is on the wall, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst!! I'm glad you're on the mends. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be a distant memory. Crossing my fingers for CJ.

    Think of it this way, all those extra Holiday calories, down the drain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how awful! i hope no one else at your place has to go thru that again!

    ReplyDelete