Monday, January 18, 2010

Just what I needed!

I"ve been very lazy and unsociable lately.  In fact, I have not left my house since Friday, early evening.  I have been in my PJ's the whole time.  I haven't talked on the phone and I haven't even walked out to get the mail or newspaper.  I have showered and changed my PJ's, but that's it.  We even skipped a party on Saturday because I didn't feel like going anywhere.  I've had lots of sleep.  Two of my kids were visiting the grandparents for the weekend, so it was just me, MG and Big E.  Sunday it was just me for a few hours while Big E and MG went to their weekly Disc Golf game with friends.  I have to go to work today, so I guess I will be forced to leave.  Oh, and I need to go to the grocery store.  If it weren't for those types of things, I'd probably stay in the house until spring - or at least until the sun comes out.  It's a good thing I like my house.  I wonder if I should be concerned about this "hibernation"?  The thing is, I like it.  I'm happy here, so I am thinking it's no big deal.  Maybe I need to consult with Dr. L, my friend who's a psychologist.

There is one other thing that is going to get my ass out of this place.  SASSY B is coming to town in a couple of weeks.  Yep, you read that correctly.  Sassy B is coming to the area and we are having dinner together.  It will be my first time meeting a bloggy friend live and in person.  I knew all this blogging would lead to good things!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy vegitating at my home on occassion. Sometimes I need a few days to just be me and do nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sit here in my PJ's, allow me to say, "Good for you!" We deserve down time, and I do believe there are little alarms in our heads...if it the down time goes on for too long. Hubster left this morning for a biz trip to Hawaii, a trip which I was hoping to tag along...it did not turn out. I'll take advantage of having the house to myself by staying in my PJ's, eating what I want, when I want and get the mail whenever I get outside. (oh, it's a fed holiday, no mail...even better)
    Take care of yourself!!!!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome to be meeting a blogging buddy. :)

    Oh how I get the stay at home in your pj's thing. You know that. I was talking with my husband about I don't remember what...something about someone needing to stay home for whatever and I said I'd do it; I like to be home. Just doing my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love staying home too! I know for an absolutely fact I would do it 24/7 if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! If I could swing hanging in pajamas for mulitple days in a row I certainly would do it-no need to consult any professionals about that one in my opinion.

    My in-laws think staying in pjs is the lowest form. I used to get teased to bits on Christmas because I'd wear my pjs all day. I finally had to tell them that I considered it a special treat...a luxury...and I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do alot of staying home in the pj's, especially on the weekends that son is with his dad. I like the hibernation thing too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see absolutely nothing wrong with holing up in pjs. To me, the fact that you're showering is proof that you're doin' just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally did the hermit thing this weekend, and it was fanTAStic. I think everybody needs a little of that now and again to recharge!

    And ohmygoodness, I didn't realize I'm the inaugural Hot Blogger Hookup. Eeeek! The pressure! (Am excited!)

    ReplyDelete