Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

We had a very quiet evening, for a while. We had two extra kids staying with us, which is normal. I locked  ordered the kids to the basement so MG and I could watch The Hangover.  He has not seen it yet and I was ready to see it again!  However, MG was asleep by about 9:30, I do believe.  Big E came upstairs about 10:00 saying his stomach hurt and he was going to bed in his room.  That left my other two kids and Big E's friends in the basement.  I watched The Hangover alone.  The basement kids told me when the ball was dropping, we said Happy New Year! and then one of the boys called his mom to come get him since it was obvious Big E would not be rejoining the party.  Shortly after Spencer left, I hear "MOM!  I just threw up."  Great.  No one had been sick since Monday so I thought the rest of us had escaped the vomit fest.  Wrong.  He is better today, so it really does seem to be a short running virus.

All in all, it was a fine evening.  It's been a while since we have been home on New Year's Eve and it was kind of nice!  Maybe next year I will have crazy stories of me running through the streets, drunk, without my shoes.  Oh wait, that has already happened.  Many times.  I'll have to come up with something else.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. i was in bed by 10. youngest slept over elsewhere and hubs and moody played slot cars all evening. woo hoo, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched The Hangover last Sat night at 10:00 p.m. We told the kids to stay in the basement so we could watch a rated R movie and they did. Neither Hubs nor I saw it and it was pretty funny.
    We had a party last night with about 25 people--I had some relatives over from FL and we were up till 3:00 a.m. Too busy to drink much so that was good. had some serious fireworks so that was fun.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the dreaded, "Mom I threw up!" You seem to have taken it in stride. Otherwise it sounds like a nice peaceful beginning to the new year.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete