Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Fragments



Well, well.  Look who's back again for Friday Fragments.  Visit Mrs. 4444 for more.  (I made a rhyme!)
  • John Edwards - come on!  Is anyone surprised that he is the father of his mistress's baby?  The only surprise is that he admitted it.  Oh wait.  He only admitted it because the man he PAID to take the blame is coming out with a book in a few weeks.  John Edwards is a LOSER.  I think all these idiot politicians who get caught cheating on their spouses should have to walk around with a big "L" for loser or "A" for adulterer branded on their foreheads.
  • I made tacos for dinner one night this week.  After Tacogate '09, apparently the man has decided to start labeling his food to keep it protected from the wild animals who ate up "his" tacos the last time.  Yep, he packed them all up and put a sign on them that said, "DAD's TACOS.  Do not eat."  I only wish I had taken a picture of the food placed so nicely in the refrigerator with its cute little sign.
  • I have been eating an apple a day, sometimes two.  Don't go all "Damn, she's a healthy eater" just yet.  I have been dipping those apples in some mighty delicious caramel sauce.  mmmmm.....
  • I was complaining about a client who not only kept his eyes open during the massage, but would turn them to wherever I went.  I was working on one arm and when I moved to the other, he moved his head so he could see me.  When I looked at him, he smiled and said, "Is your red hair natural?"  (And by the way, I think I am going to start telling people it is natural!)  Anyhoo, my colleague said sometimes she will lay a cloth over the person's eyes.  I think I might try that the next time.  It's kind of freaky being watched like that.  So take my advice - close your eyes during any massage you receive!
  • Someone keeps coming to my blog via a search for "under the influence jo". I don't know if this is different people or it's the same person over and over again.  If it's YOU, please know, you can easily "Follow" or sign up for an RSS Feed and not have to Google me each time you want to stop by.
  • I have not really cleaned my house since before Christmas.  I've straightened.  I've tidied up. I've wiped up messes.  But I haven't mopped, vacuumed or dusted.  I've only spot cleaned the bathrooms.  This morning I got a little burst of cleaning energy.  However. after I straightened up everything and cleared out all the extra clutter, the burst was gone.  So basically, my house will not be clean today, either.

11 comments:

  1. My house hasn't been cleaned since early December. Oh well!
    And John Edwards. Just when I think he can't get any more despicable, he proves me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmel and apples sound so good. I am starving as I haven't eaten lunch. I did some cleaning when I got home from a meeting this morning. My burst of energy to do laundry is long gone. I guess Mt Washmore will get higher another day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can not WAIT to see the interview of the dude that lied for edwards. no i was not shocked at all.

    i like the idea of blindfolding your clients.. although some may take it the wrong way!! haha. you could do one of those fancy aromatherapy things on their eyes. i would have been totally annoyed/creeped out by that dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ewwww. You know how visual guys are. Guess he wanted a visual.
    And what's this about taco leftovers. Leftovers?? Wait, he wasn't an only child was he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on your FF!
    John Edwards and EVERY cheating man should have an "A" tattoo on his forehead and/or be castrated. just sayin'
    men can be disgusting, cover their eyes with a towel! you are lucky enough to have the option, take advantage of it! I'd love to have the ogling fools blindfolded when they come to my shop :)
    tacos? yummy, I'm hungry!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so laughing over the Taco sign. Poor Dad. And those tacos must rock!

    I'm doing the apple a day thing too, kind of my resolution. I'm totally adding the caramel - still healthy.

    And John Edwards, oh John Edwards. You know Elizabeth is going to try any experimental cancer treatment known to man. Using his money. The ultimate revenge - living long enough to see his mistress give up and move on to some else.

    It's better than any telenovela, that group of freaks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Edwards. When will they learn that honesty is the best policy?! Liar.

    As for the massage thing, I absolutely love getting massages and wouldn't, in my wildest dreams, keep my eyes open for one. You're supposed to be relaxing, not watching the masseuse!! Love love love the idea that you cover his eyes next time.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here getting caught up on my blog reading!!! And I'm leaving before I go off on a John Edwards/Cheating Husband tangent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is SO the devil's advocate, but I'm just less concerned about the actual cheating than I am about the lying part. We expect politicians to be the epitome of perfection, when really they're just like the rest of us (and probably more depraved to have gotten so far in politics, if we're honest). Tons of people out there have affairs, and some result in babies...not saying it's ACCEPTABLE, but it's not unheard of. The double-standard politicians seem to be held to is a bit much. But really, it's the LYING thing is what gets me! *end rant*

    Blindfold the sucker. And take pics of the next taco sign. You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creepy experience. Maybe that guy is autistic or something? I hate to think that he's just a pervert.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one not cleaning the house....

    ReplyDelete