Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Fragments

It's been a while since I have participted in Friday Fragments.  I'm not sure why.  Reality is, with all the shit that jumbles around in my brain at any given time, I could write up fragments at any point in time.  Visit Mrs. 4444 for others who may, or may not, be like me.

First and foremost, let's all agree that we are keeping Haiti and all the people there, whether survivors or aides, in our prayers, good thoughts, and hopefully even financial donations!

Ace, the cat, you know the one my husband is allergic to?  Well, he is a good cat.  He comes running whenever we call him to come inside.  Every now and then we will have to shake his treat bag, but not often.  He wears a bell, and usually as soon as you call his name, you can hear him running.  A lot of the time, he hasn't even really gone anywhere except into the tree line in our back yard or under the deck.  The other day he didn't come.  And didn't.  And didn't.  It was a little unnerving.  Then my husband, you know the one who is allergic to the cat?  He says, "I hate this.  I get worried if he doesn't come when we call him."  He loves that cat as much as the rest of us.  Ace, as it turns out, was about 30 feet high in a tree and couldn't get down.  Guess who helped him?  Yep, that man who is allergic to the cat.

I'm hooked again on that craptastic show, The Bachelor.  Even though I know a good deal of it is "set up" by the producers, I can't stop watching.  I am always amazed people will go on this show and embarrass themselves that way.  There was a local girl on and a friend of mine FB'd that her neighbor's daughter was on the show.  My response "Are they hiding under the furniture dying of embarrassment?"  Some others didn't like that and said those parents should be proud of their daughter.  Well, maybe, but I hope it's not for going on The Bachelor.

My Chucks have already shipped!  I can't wait to get them.

The other day I had not eaten anything before I went to work.  After work, I had to go to the grocery store, which you know "they" (who are "they" anyway?) say it's a bad idea to grocery shop on an empty stomach.  Well, I went by the bakery and could not resist a jelly filled donut calling my name.  I got it, put it in the kid seat portion of the cart and finished shopping.  It was all I could do not to eat that donut before paying for it.  I'm not kidding when I say I had the shakes thinking about the donut in the cart.  I had the bagger leave it out and I ate it as soon as I got in the car.  I think I may have a problem.  Actually, I think the problem is that I waited to eat it.  Next time, I won't.

6 comments:

  1. Too funny about your "non-filtered" comment about hiding of embarrassment for their kin being on The Bachelor. I am hooked too. The males in my house (not the 3rd grader)are watching it too just to get a kick out of mine and Hubs' comments. We truly laugh and bond. However, this season it is border line R-rated so I may have to filter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I eat my stuff while shopping and just show the check-out clerk my empty bag.

    "This was a jelly donut" I say. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel embarrassed watching people on those shows and I don't even KNOW them.

    I'm having shoe envy! Those are so cute =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we just bonded over that post. Just so you know.

    Ha. I watch the bachelor with my hands over eyes...peeking through. It's like watching a train wreck. Those women! I know it's edited to spotlight the worst, or best depending on how you look at it...but I cringe during most of the show. So why am I watching it...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed that you were able to wait until you got to the car. I probably would have been that woman walking around the store will jelly filling on her cheek without knowing it because I wolfed down a jelly donut while shopping.

    ReplyDelete