Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chuck

If you've ever read Cardiogirl, you know she always has a picutre of a Converse Chuck Taylor shoe.  After a few weeks of checking into her place for a read, I couldn't stand it any longer.  (I've had a shoe issue lately.  I have had trouble finding shoes - they're all either too cutesy or too clunky or too dressy.  I couldn't find a cool, casual shoe.  I did buy a pair last week that I really like, but even at that, it wasn't what I was looking for.  Really, what it comes down to, is I just want to wear my flip-flops, but that's not really possible when the ground is frozen.)  Soooo, I bought these. 



All three of my kids have worn Chuck Taylor high tops. Now, at the young age of 42, I have my own pair of Chucks. Well, I will when they arrive - I ordered them from the Converse website.  Depending on how well I like them, I may go design my own pair.  THAT sounds like fun!

7 comments:

  1. This is very interesting to me because my daughter and I played on the converse site over break. You can make some pretty crazy shoes. She eventually chose a pair of cute black and green sort of boot like shoes. Whoa, much cuter than they sound!

    I must check out the Chucks more closely! They're comfie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chucks!!

    I've been meaning to get a navy blue pair, but those pink ones, zowweee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Chucks and have 5 different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just bought my first pair... they're gray. i don't know if i like how they look on my feet. but since i LOVE how they look on other people's feet and i am not too horrific looking from the knees, down, i would think it is just a self-esteem issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What??!??! I am totally out of it. I want in! Pls tell me what you will wear them with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like those! I have blue ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have considered in the last couple of months unearthing my black suede-ish Converse One-Stars that I wore in high school. They still look gooooood, and I wanna try to rock them. Heh, we'll see! I luuuurve yours though; take pics when you get 'em!

    ReplyDelete