Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post Christmas blues

There is always that little letdown for me when all of the presents have been opened, the food is eaten, the leftovers packaged up and the guests have gone home.  I don't like to take down the Christmas decorations.  The house seems so bare without all the greenery and ribbons.  Maybe I should leave it up all year.  Ok, I'm not that wacky.

Besides, this post is not about my post Christmas blues.  It's about the bug that made its way through two family members.  Sous Chef tossed his cookies all over our leather chair, the blankets he had on him while sleeping in the leather chair, the floor and he even managed to hit the couch while trying to get to the trash can that was, I thought, strategically placed next to the chair.  I placed it there shortly after he said "I'm not feeling well and I think I might throw up."  That was on Saturday night.  It was gross.  Really, really gross.  I am so thankful to have Bissell carpet cleaner which cleaned the carpet and the couch very quickly and doesn't require me to touch anything gross.  The leather chair was a different story.  The blankets went right into the washer for about four rinses before finally being washed.  I am happy to say it was a one time event for Sous Chef and by Monday, he was back on his feet.

About 3 o'clock Sunday morning, MG was hit with the same stomach upheaval.  MG appears to have gotten a more virulent strain of that nasty bug, as his was truly a hurlfest.  It was for him, too, though a 24 hour thing and he is back to work today.  He says he's not 100%, but definitely better.

As for Christmas Day, we ended up with 32 people at our house for dinner. Besides coming up for beverages and food, the kids pretty much stayed in the basement.  In fact, one of my cousin's sons I only saw for a total of ten seconds.  I am NOT kidding!  The adults hung out upstairs, playing crazy card games that we used to play when I was a kid.  I have already been asked to host Thanksgiving next year.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everyone is feeling better now. Too bad they got the bug and the leather chair too. Ewww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, poor guys! are you sure they didn't inadvertently get sick when you tried to poison all your relatives? ;)

    actually, it sounds like your holiday was a huge success! great that the kids all got along AWAY from the adults!

    ReplyDelete