Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's a Christmas miracle!

About two years ago, I lost a diamond earring.  It was on a European hook and obviously became unhooked and dislodged from my ear.  MG gave me those earrings our first Christmas as a married couple, which was 1994.  We had just moved here and had new insurance and I was just sure the insurance company would think I was taking advantage of them and committing insurance fraud.  I swear, I was not.  I added some cash to the insurance money and upgraded my new earrings and also had them put on screwback posts.

Yesterday, after a day of running errands, having lunch with my husband, having my kids return home from being gone for a couple of days, I looked in the mirror at about 8:00pm and realized I was missing an earring.  CRAP!  I was in a total panic for I was just sure the insurance company was going to say "No way!  We are not reimbursing you again for a 'mysterious disappearance' of an earring."  (Did you know that's what they call it?  "Mysterious disappearance.")  I remembered rubbing my earring and trying to get my hair from being tangled around it, but I could not for the life of me remember if I managed to untangle it and I couldn't remember where I was when that happened. (Proof again, that my pre-menopausal, mommy-tired brain is working as inefficiently as it is supposed to.)  I started looking through my clothes, through my winter scarf and my coat.  I was thinking "SHIT, I just vacuumed the family room" and I was NOT going to go through the vacuum cleaner bag of muck.  I searched the kitchen floor.  I then decided to try my car.  I went out and did a quick look of the driver's seat.  I then looked down and I am not kidding you when I saw that lovely earring sparkling up at me from the garage floor I did a little dance!  I couldn't find the back, but I will be swinging by the diamond broker's today to see if they have one laying around that they can give me!  Yippee!

Merry Christmas everyone!  Have a safe and memorable day.

6 comments:

  1. My house is full of mysterious disappearances! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! A miracle!

    Luke lost his wedding ring last night while at my in-laws for Christmas Eve. He had dinner, washed dishes, opened gifts and wandered around the neighborhood looking at lights. He found it, luckily, I think we both would have been a little heartbroken if it has stayed lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly a Christmas Miracle! :)

    Now I have hope that the diamond earring I lost a year or so ago will turn up... ;)

    Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was lucky! I'm here getting caught up on my post holiday blog reading! Is there coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay that IS a Christmas miracle but I kinda thought you were gonna find the one you lost two years ago!!! :-) But I'll take this miracle too...

    I can't believe you have insurance for diamonds. I have never been a jewelry person or should I say expensive jewelry person...little things fall off me all the time. :-)

    Hope you had an awesome Christmas and I hope 2010 brings us an opportunity to meet!!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fortunate occurrence - you looking down on the garage floor to find your earring. Could have wound up stuck in a tire tread!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete