Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I can't go there without overspending.


Do you shop at Costco (or Sam's or some other warehouse club)?  Sometimes I go there knowing I am going to spend a ton of money.  Other times, I think I just need one or two bulk items and that will be it.  Today was that day - I just needed some ribs for dinner on Tuesday.  Oh, and those mega bottles of ketchup because for Big E, ketchup is a food group all its own.  So over $150 later, I was walking out of that place.  And I didn't even buy much - ribs, ketchup, Skyline Chili, a couple of things for wrapping Christmas gifts.  Oh yeah, some frozen broccoli, popcorn chicken and extra virgin olive oil.  That place is impossible to spend a few bucks in.

9 comments:

  1. I know! We go about every few weeks and buy only certain items that I know are a good deal (we go to BJ's). Like Welch's grape juice, frozen fish, milk, eggs, two pack of whole chickens and Mystic Pizza and beer. Otherwise I find better deals when things are on sale at the grocery store or Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Husband calls it the $200 club. I even go with a list and still leave spending more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get out of Costco under $200 I consider myself lucky. I think an evil spell is cast upon me ever time I walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I have managed to keep myself under control when shop at our local Sams, but I am a bit anal over my grocery budget so I think that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Costco last weekend because it was a free day for their anniversary, and seriously, we bought FOUR items and I nearly choked when the cashier told me the total was $93! Seriously, nothing we got was even necessary! It's probably a good thing we don't have a membership!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...we were there last friday we went for laundry soap came home with a cart full!!! I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  7. We quit and cut up our AmEx Costco card because we couldn't control ourselves. Now it's just Ralphs and Trader Joe's. Besides, we don't have the space for all that bulky crap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, I am with you on this one. It's like Target, I go for two things and come out $150 later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot leave that place for under $200 EVER. Love to go there though! I have a Sam's card too but prefer Costco although Sam's is always less crowded.

    ReplyDelete