Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Visitors are great!

This past weekend we had friends from Kansas City visit.  If you're new here, you may not know my family lived in Overland Park, KS for three years and LOVED it.  We didn't want to move back.  Believe me when I say, no one was more shocked about that than I was.  When my husband first told me we were being transferred to Kansas, I think my response was "You want me to move WHERE?"  After our initial visit to just look around and get a feel for the area, I cried.  When we went back and the trees and flowers were in bloom and we found a house we liked, I felt much better.  Once we settled in, school started and we had made friends, we extended our stay there for a year and tried to stay permanently.  That "permanent" part didn't work out, so here we are, transferred back to Cincy.

Our visit this past weekend included a trip to the Children's Museum.  I have not been to this museum since I blacked out in 2001 and ended up having brain surgery.  I offered to do a re-enactment of me blacking out in the exact location of the original event, but there were no takers.  I don't get it.  I forgot my camera that day, or I would have taken a photo and may have even done the re-enactment with photos so I could show you guys. 

We went to the Newport Aquarium and I DID remember my camera, but then my batteries went dead.  I managed to get a few shots in before that happened.




During the next three pictures of me trying to get good shots of everyone feeding the lorikeets, I was also busy dodging bird shit.  Man, those birds eat a lot of nectar and it exits their bodies quite rapidly.  We couldn't figure out why they were selling raincoats before going into this exhibit, but we quickly figured it out.  Thankfully, we all emerged shit free, though I saw others who were not so lucky.

Sous Chef feeding the lorikeets.

CJ feeding the lorikeets.

Stephanie feeding the lorikeets.


CJ and Sophie

CJ petting the sharks.

The adults

Anyway, we ate at Skyline Chili.  We went for an adults only dinner at The Celestial which has an awesome view of the Cincy skyline.  We went to Graeter's for ice cream.  I thought I knew everything there was to know about Stephanie, but during this trip, I also learned she does not like escalators and she eats her food in groups (that is, she'll eat her salad, then all of her meat, then she'll eat her potato, then she'll eat her veggie, etc.) and she doesn't like it to touch.  How did I not know this? 

All in all, it was a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Visitors are great - you are right!

    Stopping by from the SSS list as I try to visit everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time we fed the lorikeets I was one of those not-so-lucky patrons. On a bonus note, that experience kept me from having to buy lorikeet food the next visit!

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time- you look amazing in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great weekend. Glad the birds didn't get you!

    ReplyDelete