Monday, November 2, 2009

Shades of Autumn

I struggle with autumn because it leads to cold and grey winters here in Ohio.  When we lived in Overland Park, KS, we were shocked our first winter to see that the skies were almost always sunny and blue, sometimes with white billowy clouds.  Unless it was raining or snowing, you could count on some good vitamin D.  When we moved back to Ohio, it took us about three days of winter for us both to comment, almost in unison, that we forgot how cold, wet and grey it is here.  It is not unusual to have consecutive days of 33 degree weather and rain.  Rarely snow, which I would prefer.

So in my attempt to focus on the positive, I drove through my neighborhood and took some of the following colorful pictures.





And of course, we have to have the standard Halloween pictures.



This is my favorite picture.  Unfortunately, we no longer have this tree, as it was in our front yard when we lived in Kansas.  And the sky is grey in this picture, so I am guessing it was getting ready to rain or it had just rained.

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors of fall. Here in Colorado our leaves start changing pretty early and a lot of trees loose their leaves by the time mid-October rolls around, but we do have a very sunny winter. For example we just had a huge snow storm on Wednesday and Thursday of last week, we got about 18 inches and it was almost all melted away by mid day Sunday.

    I am not sure I would do well with constant gray skies but I do like a gray day now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you took some great photos! your neighborhood looks beautiful. the boys are rarin' to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to have change of seasons....how I miss Fall. I can't believe I am going to complain about this....but honestly, every single day (unless there is a tropical storm) it is sunny, bright (seriously too bright), hot and humid. It is perpetual Summer....like July hot Summer. Yes, I am complaining about it.....I just need some change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard for me to take cloudy grey sky skies; one day at a time is about all I can take and then I become depressed. We have a lot of sunny days during the year; but when it is cloudy it seems to stick around for a while. Just what you want; a weather report.

    Beautiful trees and cute patootie Halloween characteers!

    Here's to the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-Those trees are glorious! And that's a pretty cute Dracula :)

    ReplyDelete