Sunday, November 22, 2009

Highlights of my week. Friday Fragments style!

I missed Mrs. 4444's Friday Fragments, so I am gathering all my little thoughts today into a post.
  • The highlight of my week was when I was volunteering at CJ's library.  The other mom volunteer said, "I LOVE your red hair.  Do any of your kids have red hair?"  My response, with a little laugh, "It's fake."  (And by that, I meant the color, not the hair.)  She couldn't believe it.  I thought I was going to have to show her my roots just to prove it.
  • The highlight of my week was a new client, who said to me half way through our session, "Jo, you are REALLY good at this."  I can't hear that enough.
  • The highlight of my week was when I was driving out of the driveway and CJ was out playing.  He flagged me down and ran to the driver's side motioning me roll down the window.  The then stood on his toes with his lips puckered to give me a kiss.  He is too sweet.
  • The highlight of my week was Sous Chef, who is not overly affectionate, walked past me and said, "Surprise hug!" and he hugged me.
  • The highlight of my week was when Big E, who is almost a teenager, said "Thank you, Mom" unexepectedly for something I helped him with.  I don't even remember what it was I did, but that "Thank you, Mom" comment is sticking with me.  You don't hear that much from tweens/teens.
  • The highlight of my week was sneaking upstairs with my husband shortly after we both got home from work.  The non-highlight was when the kids realized we were gone and two of the three came knocking at different times.  How old does a kid have to be before they no longer believe "we're taking a nap," especially when the door is locked?  Oh, and add to the fact that eventually, the cat usually makes his way to do the door and meows so loud that the distraction is just too much.  I am still in shock that with interruptions like this , the stitches, the allergies, etc. that MG permits this cat to remain in our home and loves him as much as the rest of us (though he may never admit it!).
  • The highlight of my week was a pot luck dinner.  I made the most awesome Roast Sweet Potato Salad with Black Beans and Chili Lime Dressing.  It is delicious and I came home with an empty bowl.
  • The highlight of the week was having long time college friends and their kids over for dinner.  The meal I cooked was yummy and we made homemade doughnuts for dessert.  The kids enjoyed shaking the hot doughnuts in the bags with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.  All of our kids get along and they love seeing each other, which makes our gatherings that much more fun!

5 comments:

  1. My response, with a little laugh, "It's fake." (And by that, I meant the color, not the hair.)

    Never say that again! Your hair is REAL! I see it in the pictures and it is RED! LOL

    Besides, doing it this way you didn't have to be harassed as a child and I'm sure you didn't have a bouffant...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow look at all the Love and ummmmm LUVINS you have been getting!

    Yep what a great week you had!

    Things are fixing to get crazy for me so i am stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! in case I dont get by on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved, loved the little puckered lips fragment--sooo sweet!

    I would love a copy of that recipe!!

    It's Saturday morning, and we closed the bedroom door but did not lock it. Kyle was getting ready for swim practice and just opened the door after a quick tap to say something. That kid just missed getting scarred for life-What was he THINKING?! haha

    ReplyDelete