- I am so excited to see our friends from KC. I haven't seen Stephanie and her kids since June and we haven't seen her husband since we moved. Stephanie and I trained and walked the two Breast Cancer 3 Day walks together. When you train for hours on end and then spend three solid days together - walking, eating, camping, crying in pain and emotion - there isn't much you don't tell one another. I think I might know her better than I know myself!
- While our friends are here, we'll be seeing some of the sights of Cincy. Places we haven't been to since BEFORE we moved from Cincy in 2004. Now that we are back, we just haven't gotten around to it. My kids are excited because they are going to miss school to do some fun stuff! The adults are excited - we are going to an adults only meal at a nice, yummy restaurant with a beautiful view of Cincy.
- I'm not overly thrilled with the election turnout in Ohio. I am not interested in casinos. I don't mind gambling and it's not against my religion. I think we've already established that I am a heathen by some people's standards. I just don't personally gamble and don't need or want it here. It's a business I don't trust and I don't think it will benefit our state the way they are promising. I didn't care to see the Livestock Standards pass. All of the animal rights activists were saying it was bad for the animals, good for the farmers. I'm happy our Veteran's Compensation Program passed. And I am THRILLED this one CRAZY woman is off of our local school board. I could write an entire post about her and probably find the videos of school board meetings to post just to prove my point that the woman is W-A-C-K-Y..
- I almost dry heave when CJ eats a pickle spear with a PB&J sandwich. I can't think of two things that go together less. Blech.
- I get nervous every time I have a new male client. It's true. I'm always afraid it will be some pervert. Thankfully, that has only happened to me once and it was when I worked somewhere different than now.
- If you've followed Stellan's story but haven't check in there lately, he is a very sick little boy. He will be going to Boston later this week for a very risky heart surgery. You can read his mom's blog here.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Friday Fragments on Wednesday (I'm a rebel like that!)
We have friends coming to visit, Thursday throught the weekend, from Kansas City so I will be AWOL for a few days. I don't have a cohesive blog in my thoughts, but I do have lots of little stuff, so I thought I would turn in my Friday Fragments a little early. If only I had been so committed to my studies!