Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Day, Part 2

In 2003, my birthday (which was yesterday in case you didn't stop by yesterday to read about it) was permanently altered.  In a good way.  My family, which consisted of me, MG, Big E and Sous Chef, were out to dinner celebrating my 36th birthday.  We finished up and the three guys went to the men's room.  I laid down in the booth where we had just eaten.  When they came back, I went to the ladies' room.  It took me about ten minutes to get back to our seat.  I kept having to stop along the way.  Why?  Because I had gone into labor with CJ!  I panicked our waitress when she stopped to ask me if I was OK and my response, as I was leaning over an empty chair, was "Oh, I'm fine.  I'm just having a baby."  She ran off shouting something like "I need their check!"  I didn't even get a free meal. 

After getting the kids settled with some friends and going home to get my bag, we were made comfortable at the hospital.  (Since Sous Chef was born in about 30 minutes, we, especially MG, were happy I was at the hospital to deliver this baby.  They had prepared us for a home delivery in case this labor went as quickly.)  So I laid around, we watched TV and at 2:36AM on October 2nd, the little guy below, peacefully joined our family.  My doctor said it was one of the calmest, most beautiful births she had witnessed.  (I think she may say that to all the moms, but it was still nice to hear and it was definitely my easiest one!) 

At 9 lbs 5 oz., CJ was my lightest baby.   I don't remember the measurements, but he was also my longest baby and had the smallest head (which maybe explains the ease of this delivery!).  Me, my husband, and my doctor, who knew my other babies, kept commenting on how SMALL CJ was.  The nurses kept looking at us like we were crazy.

He is a funny, sweet and ornery little boy.  Earlier this week, the school principal called to tell me he had to talk to CJ because he mooned the kids on the bus.  I just don't know where he would ever get THAT behavior.  The other day he and I were eating lunch and he said he had to burp.  Then he said, "Oh, wait, it went into my stomach."  So I said, "Oh, well maybe it will come out as a fart."  The child literally cracked up laughing and choked on the Sunkist drink that he had in his mouth. 

Not a day goes by that he doesn't say one or all of the following:
"Your hair looks nice."
"You are pretty."
"Your shirt is pretty."
"I love you.  MORE."
"I love you.  INFINITY."
"I love you.  A 1,000 miles."

After some of my medical challenges in the past, we were not sure we would have a baby #3.  And when I think of that, I shudder.  I can't imagine this family without CJ in it.

Here is what this cutie looks like now.


10 comments:

  1. first i must say Happy belated Bday to you!
    second LMAO@"Oh, I'm fine. I'm just having a baby." She ran off shouting something like "I need their check!" I didn't even get a free meal.
    That was funny

    and special Bday wishes to your handsome young man!
    9lbs 5oz wow I thought my 9lbs1oz'ers were big

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday (to you both)! How wonderful you get to share this day with a young man as sweet as yours! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, and what a happy birthday present!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the cutest post. i love the first paragraph, and what a happy ending!

    love the photos, too.

    happy birthday (again). and to your little (big) guy. and don't think i didn't notice that darn cat in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday. I actually had my 3rd baby, same size, at home. That is funny about the comments about how small he was.
    I too adore mine.
    Hope you have a great day and weekend with that cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday!!!!! I'm here getting caught up on a week's worth of blog reading, now that I can actually sit up on the couch without my head exploding!!!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'I'm fine. I'm just having a baby' bahaha.

    What a sweet heart. (I have 2 boys and 2 girls...love em all equally of course; but little boys come up with the cutest and funniest comments. And oh how they love a fart joke.)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Late Birthday! And that CJ is a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie-pie! How cool to have such close birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I'm late to the party here, but I clicked on the picture of the baby because he looks so much like my second baby. And then I saw he was born in October, and my second baby was born October 8th, and then I noticed his name is CJ, which is my husband's name! And I just had to tell ya that. :)

    ReplyDelete