Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Fragments

I have been so uninspired lately that I am thankful to have Friday Fragments to get me off my blogging butt and post something! Friday Fragments is hosted by Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time.
  • I watched "Saving Sarah Marshall" and got a couple of chuckles. I went to see "Whip It" with Ellen Paige, Drew Barrymore and Juliette Lewis (That sounds like I went to the movie WITH them. I didn't - they were the stars of the show. I went with friends.) and got a lot of chuckles. I am watching Modern Family on TV and have laughed my ass off a couple of times. Other than that, I seem to have a case of the blahs.
  • I just finished reading EAST OF EDEN for the second time. I think I liked it even better this time around. I am guessing I will read it again in the future. I love that book.
  • We had our first parent teacher conference with Sous Chef's teacher. They are pretty cool and he got a shining report. Obviously, this is not my child that moons the kids on the bus.
  • I am experiencing a really low tolerance (even lower than normal!) for whiny, wimpy, cryie (not a word, I know) people. We were watching The Biggest Loser the other night and everyone was crying because they didn't get the training coach they wanted or the people on their team they wanted. I just kept screaming "What a bunch of whiny wusses!" at the television. I had other select words for these whiny ass cry babies, but I was watching with my kids.
  • We have neighbors with their Christmas lights up. I want to toilet paper their house.
  • A friend that I have known since third grade contacted me through Facebook. We lost touch after high school. She is one person I have always wished I kept in touch with but couldn't ever find her. I was so happy to hear from her and to be able to talk to her again!

14 comments:

  1. YEAH FOR XMAS LIGHTS!!! Only 70 days to go!!

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neighbor with Christmas lights? I will join you with the TP'ing of their house. And I also have a low tolerance for crying, whiny people and those people recently have been my KIDS!!!!

    Happy Friday!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join you in the toilet papering of the Christmas light house.... it's a bit early! And the facebook friend made me happy... it's why I LOVE facebook so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see "Whip It" it looks good and I've heard that Drew Barrymore's directing skills are as good as her acting, so that's a bonus. We saw "Couples Retreat" and it was quite funny!

    I was upset at Biggest Loser too, primarily because I want to pinch Tracey's head off.

    I will help you tp your neighbor who has already decorated for Christmas if you will come help me decorate when my neighbor puts out her 38 (yes, I counted) lawn decos come Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little early for Christmas lights, but I did see the local nursery putting theirs up yesterday. Makes me feel kind of pressured. LOVE reconnecting via Facebook. Isn't it grand?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Modern Family is hysterical! I found myself singing that song while I did the dishes last night! Shelly Long was great :)

    Girl movie with your girls friends sounds nice.

    Sorry your feeling blah!

    http://www.thewannabewahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i thought (and basically said) THE SAME THING when i was watching Loser. for crying out loud... grow up. i have to say, i think Bob sort of perpetuates that whineyness even though he claims not to. remember how mad the samoan cousins got when they had to move from bob to jillian last season?

    that's awesome that you were able to reunite with your childhood friend! makes me want to try to track down some of my old pals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, that is so awesome about your friend. I thought about trying to find my best friend from around that same age; but the whole married name can get in the way. Why some women don't list their maiden name...grr. Perhaps they don't want to be found. Of course, maybe she's not even on facebook. gasp.

    I must read East of Eden; i have noticed we have very similar tastes in books.

    Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'tastes in books'? My proofreading skills are ATROCIOUS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes Facebook comes through with real friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Despite having the blahs, this list seems like a remarkably FANTASTIC list of things going on!

    And, I actually screamed "YEEEEESSS!" out loud and thrust my fist into the air when you said you shoudl TP your neighbor. Do. Not. Hesitate. to call on me for assistance with this. I have been trying to get people to go TP-ing with me all season, and APPARENTLY we're too old for it. Pffffft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy for you and your friend. Isn't FB great?!
    I keep trying to catch Modern Family because of all the reviews I see, but so far, I've only seen one episode (and loved it!)

    I've got PT Conferences Monday and Tuesday--What an exhausting way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete