Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prisoner of summer no more

Remember that little Prisoner of Summer button that was over to the right, explaining my absence while I was having fun with my kids this summer?  Notice it's gone and I am no longer a prisoner of summer.  Don't get too excited, though.  I am now Prisoner of Early Rising and have requested that EM make me a button for that because getting up at 5:45AM is KICKING.MY.ASS.  Wait, it's not the getting up at 5:45AM, it's the going to bed at midnight and/or the waking at 3:00AM for an hour (or in some nasty cases, longer!).  I am such a night owl and love in the summer that I can stay up late.  Now I can't and I need to retrain my brain and body to get to bed around 10:00, 11:00 at the latest, but it's not working.  And when I go to Hawaii on Saturday and four time zones away, I'm really screwed.  So what I am saying is:  I am not trying very hard to get used to this new schedule because it will all go to hell on my trip anyway AND I have been totally MIA since school started and until I get my early rising shit together, it's hard to tell when I will be back to "normal".

11 comments:

  1. Normal? What is normal?

    I love the summer and late nights also. Never seem to be able to quite turn it around.

    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back to school routine is a rough adjustment - for everyone.

    Hawaii sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a POER! And I really want to feel bad for you that your time schedule is about to be completely ripped to shreds thanks to Hawaii - but I'm having a difficult time mustering up sympathy.

    But when you get back, oh yeah, I'll feel for you - big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll happily nap each day that you are away, so we can both count your time away as useless. i have one more week until i start my POER stint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO with you on the getting up early thing! 5:30 is way too early. Thankfully, I am LOVING my new role as 6th grade spec ed teacher, so it's easier than ever to get up :) Enjoy your free time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5:45? You mean there's a 5:45 other than the one where I'm madly trying to get dinner ready?

    Don't tell me any more. I'm not ready to hear about it.

    Have fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain...is it wrong that i am looking forward to labor day so I can sleep in?
    Hawaii!!! I am so envious

    ReplyDelete
  8. My schedule is severly messed up and I gave up around June 20th

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heck, yeah, woman! Share the button because I'm sooooooo not getting back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are three weeks into the school year, and I'm still struggling to get into the routine. Having my summers off lets me indulge my inner night owl, so I'm often up until three or four. Bringing me back into the swing of a schedule that has me up at 5:45 every morning is proving a bit of a challenge.

    ReplyDelete