Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Day


Today is all about me.  Yep, it's my birthday. That picture above was taken while my BFF and I were in Hawaii (You know, the trip I went on a couple of weeks ago.  Have I mentioned it?).  We went to dinner after we went to see Cirque Polynesia and the manager asked us why we were in Hawaii, etc. etc.  I'm pretty sure he was expecting for us to say we were on our honeymoon.  We told him we were on a vacation to celebrate our 40th birthdays and that we were two years late in the celebration.  Being the kind manager that he was, he and the waitress decorated our dessert plates, honoring our 40th birthdays and NOT our 42nd birthdays.  They know how to butter up their customers for a big tip.

I will be celebrating this afternoon by going to lunch, alone (which I love to do) and reading "East of Eden" (Again.  It's one of my favorite books.) while I eat without having to talk to anyone or cut up anyone's food.  After lunch, I am going to get a 90 minute massage from one of the best massage therapists I know (besides myself, of course!).  The evening will be spent with the family.

So today, it is my day.  But feel free to wish LQ "Happy Birthday" too.  Her birthday was Sept. 2.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. It sounds like you have a wonderful nourishing day planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyeuse anniversaire from Paris!

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my sweet, funny, level-headed, smart jo... happy birthday to you. enjoy your day and all the treats you have planned for yourself. you deserve it, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned for yourself. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your day--it sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your day and relish in the ME time. Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday--I love the plates, isn't funny how one person's thoughtfulness or extra touch can make such a lasting memory? Enjoy your lunch, book and massage. Sounds like you've covered all of the bases for a relaxing, enjoyable celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!!! I hope you had a very relaxing, delicious day. The desserts look YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading backwards playing catch up...what a nice b-day you gave yourself. Ha...you went to Hawaii? JK.

    Happy Birthday. Again. (If you are reading your comments backwards you'll understand that.)

    ReplyDelete