Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Fragments


Wow, it has been a long time since I have participated in Friday Fragments!  Visit Mrs. 4444 (that Mrs. Fours, not Mrs. four-four-four-four) for more Fragments.
  • I am enjoying watching the new season of my favorite shows.  Mad Men on AMC is my very favorite show and if you aren't watching it, you should be.  However, I suggest you rent the previous seasons so you can catch up and understand all the intricacies of the show.
  • I bought an MP3 player recently and love it.
  • When I was flying home from Hawaii last week, I took the red eye.  I fell asleep sitting up.  I was in the middle seat between two men and did not have a pillow.  I think I slept for about two hours and when I woke up, I jokingly said to the man next to me, "Sorry if I snored."  He looked at me and smiled.  I then said, "You are not telling me I didn't snore."  He said, "Oh, I know how hard it is to sleep sitting up."  I do believe that was confirmation I snored.  I was afraid to apologize for slobbering because I really didn't want to know if I had done that.
  • My youngest son's birthday is a week away.  I have bought no gifts, haven't even really thought about gifts and do not have a party planned. 
  • I am doubling my hours at work from three hours a week to six hours a week and I will no longer be working an evening shift.  People often chuckle when I tell them I only work three hours a week, but those few extra dollars a month allow us to do some fun things.
  • My husband thinks I will never go back to work full time because I won't want to leave the cat alone all day.  Little does he know I've never intended to go back to work full time.  (Ok, just kidding.)
  • We are finally getting a Nordstrom store.  It opens today!
  • When we were at the crater of Haleakala in Maui, I was really thirsty and thought I would get a drink.  I was so thankful to have this sign because I was so close to getting my drink out of the toilet. 
  • I think these are the most lame Friday Fragments I have ever written.

12 comments:

  1. I "want" to watch Mad Men, but I hate trying to pick up a series three seasons into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about Mad Men, but have no idea what it is about or what channel it is on. I am going to catch up with it on Hulu, and maybe catch the new season.

    That sign is . . . funny. lol

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought these were wonderful Friday Fragments. Everyone's talking about Mad Men and all I know about it is John Hamm; which should be reason enough to watch right there. It's been on 3 seasons already? Netflix here i come.

    Nordstrom=shoes. YUM.

    Wouldn't most toilet water be reclaimed? Ick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewww to the sign!! Seriously yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh - I hate getting the middle seat on a flight, especially a long one!

    And Nordstrom? LOVE. IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My plan today is to sit in peace and watch the second season of Mad Men so I can then watch the episodes from this season I have stored on my DVR. A coworker (from my 12-15 hour a week job! Woot!) loaned me seasons 1 and 2, and I was hooked instantly within the first episode! Now I must hurry and get ready for the day so I can watch some before everyone else gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you jumped back into the Fragment pool because I'm glad to have found you!

    My son's birthday (he'll be 2) is in a month and I have nothing planned and don't even have a clue as what we might possibly do. I hate birthday pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't get into Mad Men. I love the sets and costumes, but I just never really got into the story.

    6 hours a week sounds good to me!

    What sort of mp3 player did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What??! Why in the world would any human being drink from a toilet?! That is GOOFY!

    Everyone's talking about premiers this week, but I'm avoiding them all; I'm addicted to enough shows already! :)

    That guy on the plane sounds sweet. I HATE sitting between two strangers on a plane; it's hard to be comfortable at all.

    Thanks for playing this week. Don't worry about the quality of your fragments; there is no such thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I drool when I sleep, am not a party-planner myself, and I'm working one night every two weeks at a bar for a little extra cash (pshaw, like $50 total with tips!). So, I don't blame you a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband and I have just recently started watching Mad Men. We picked up the first season on Amazon and are absolutely loving it!

    ReplyDelete