Saturday, August 1, 2009

What to do?

I am on my own for eight days.  EIGHT DAYS!  I have picked up some extra hours at work to try to make a dent in the expenses of my upcoming Hawaii trip.  Other than that, I have no specific plans, so here is my little "to do" list.
  1. Paint the master bathroom.
  2. Read.
  3. Sleep.
  4. Socialize.
  5. Sleep.
The other item on my list I took care of this evening.  That was to go see The Hangover.  My gosh, I had to wipe my eyes a couple of times.  It was hilarious.  And honestly, there was a time in my life when I could have seen something like that happening to me.  I kind of miss those days....oh, who am I kidding?  I could see myself getting into a nutzo situation like that NOW.  Hhhmmm...maybe I better hire a sitter for myself when I go to Hawaii.

EIGHT DAYS!  I'm not sure how my youngest will do.  We have been away from him for this long before, but it's always been while he was in our own house with my parents.  Now he is elsewhere with family that he doesn't see as often.  I know he will have fun, he has been asking to visit.  I think the week will fly by for him, but I do have a little bit of concern.  The other two?  They'll probably ask to stay longer. 

And me?  I am excited to have some time to myself.  It doesn't happen often and even then, it's not for long stretches of time.  At times I feel guilty about getting excited to be "alone."  I have friends who would give anything, ANYTHING, to have their children back; making noise, making messes, talking back, smarting off.  And here I am relishing some time to myself.  It's hard for me to reconcile that.  And my "aloneness" doesn't come without some anxiety, because well, I have that little anxiety issue, or "disorder" as my doctor likes to call it.  I get all kinds of worrisome thoughts in my head and have to fight them away.  Thank the medical gods for the drugs to treat my "disorder."  I will enjoy this week but it doesn't change the fact that I will be excited to see them come home, safe and sound!

7 comments:

  1. Eight days.

    :-)

    I absolutely love that sleep is listed twice.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw "Hangover" tonight! Hysterical!!!!!!

    Eight days and counting.....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep, take long baths, read, journal, sleep, eat ice cream, have a cocktail...do it over again

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a list because I am such a list maker, but I would just hat having to paint! Ugh. That is the ONE thing I really don't like doing...well, along with washing the car and putting the flatware away.

    Have a great day! Good luck with the paint and take a pic when you're done! Maybe that will help inspire you to do...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could hire ME to be your sitter while you're in hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm headed your way Thursday for the Jimmy Buffet concert....or at least the afternoon tailgating! Wanna come?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleep and The Hangover. My kinda time off.

    ReplyDelete