Monday, August 10, 2009

Lord, help us.

Have I ever mentioned that MG is allergic to cats?  When we got married, I had two cats and they came with me.  He adjusted.  We even took in a stray for a while and then found it a new home.  In the early 21st century, our cat owning days came to an end due to illness (of the cats, not us).  We have lived cat free, PET free ever since.  I was amazed at how much I enjoyed not owning a pet.  No food, no litter, no vet bills.  It was freeing.

Fast forward to yesterday when a little friend showed up.  Well, really, my neighbor's horse, parading around as a labradoodle, tackled it to the ground.  Picture my neighbor not being able to hold the dog back and me screaming my lungs out for fear of watching the little guy being torn to pieces right before my eyes.  Really all the dog wanted to do was give a sniff, but he seemed so determined we thought it was going to end badly.  I scooped up the cat and he's been here ever since.  I went to my other neighbor to get enough cat litter and food to get us through a couple of days until we decide what to do.  I sent an e-mail to our entire neighborhood to see if anyone lost a kitten.  I called my neighbors in the area where I found the cat.  No luck.  Next will be signs.

The issue?  Everyone wants to keep the cat.  (My goodness, we HAVE NAMED HIM.)  Well, everyone but my husband.  Or so he says.  However, when I came in after doing a couple of things just after bringing in the cat, the cat was not just on the couch with MG, but WAS SITTING ON MY HUSBAN'DS SHOULDERS.  I think MG might feel like he is fighting a losing a battle.  I am not so sure my ticket to the highway isn't being made out as I type.  I am searching for holistic treatment of cat allergies. 

In the meantime, though, meet Ace.

14 comments:

  1. oh, you're screwed. he's adorable, and clearly not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Ace is quite adorable, and I get the feeling he's settling in to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with Ace and it's just a picture! He looks comfy right where he is....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh! How cute is Ace, think you might have a new member of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so not a cat person but kittens are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope every day that I will see no critter in the neighborhood, on the street, or coming out of a tree, because whatever it is, comes home with me to a life of luxury. Me? I get WAY too in love and totally absorbed by whatever has fur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, my, look at those little ears! You have to keep it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love cats. I would keep it too!

    Hope your having a good week!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, he's such a cutie!! I predict he will soon be a permanent part of the family and you'll be complaining about cat toys and litter everywhere (but only a little!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I remember you talking about a Neti Pot at one point, but if not, that's what I suggest.

    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=142205&catid=119887&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=119887&trxp2=142205&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT

    Personally, I like this less authentic model. I like that the bottle allows me to generate more pressure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete