Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's a small bloggy world.

There are millions of people in this world who blog.  There are millions of people in this world who read blogs.

How is it, that in this public venue of millions, people find my one little, lonesome blog and have some kind of other connection to me?

My SIL and MIL found my blog shortly after I started it. Without my knowledge and without letting me know for over a year.  (If interested, you can read a little about it HERE.)

A member of the support site I belong to for my Chiari Malformation reads my blog.  I don't remember giving anyone from there this blog address, but maybe I did.

I know this blog is public.  I know anyone can find it.  But I will argue that if you know me or recognize me from another venue and you saw me in a public place, you would wave, smile and/or stop and say hello and you would not secretly follow me around.  Right?  Most likely.  So this is all I ask.  If you know me and you found this blog without me directing you here, please say hello.  My guess is, I'll be happy to see you!

8 comments:

  1. i find it pretty weird, too... of all the blogs. i can't figure out how i would feel in your position. i don't want to be "discovered" at all, much less have them kind of lurking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah lurkers are kind of scary. The only way I would recognize you if you walked around backwards looking like your profile pic. THEN I'd say hello.

    Sheesh.. I hope too many people don't have your hair color, style and walk backwards, I would hate to make an ass of myself.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I GAVE a friend my blog address this summer, and the poor girl was scared for awhile to read more than a few posts because she felt like she was reading my diary or something. Even though I TOLD HER she could! So, maybe these strange lurkers are thinking they've stumbled upon something private and don't want to tell you they have. But, you know what? If I stumbled on someone's "diary," I might not tell them, but I wouldn't KEEP READING it without telling them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have a stalker? besides me of course...everyone knows I have a blog it is both a curse and a blessing believe me

    ReplyDelete
  5. everyone SHEESH who do i think I am angelina jolie??? everyone as in family and friends....just had to clarify

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have, what is called, 'lurkers' lol in the fact that they read your blog but never interact or tell you that they know you have a blog - tres frustrating. But yes, the blogosphere can be very small!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm. You know, I had not considered this! I wonder how many people I actually know (in real life, ha ha!) follow me without my knowing?!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope my blog has some secret followers. I think that would be cool! lol

    ReplyDelete