Monday, July 27, 2009

Observations at an amusement park

CJ, Sous Chef and I spent Sunday evening at our local amusement park while MG and Big E are spending some time in Canada.  I really should take a notebook when I go anywhere like this, because the thoughts are just flying through my head as I people watch.  Call me judgemental, but when people look, act and dress the way they do, they are opening themselves up for some serious judgement.
  1. The people who need the most amount of clothing seem to wear the least.
  2. Many lesbian woman are attracted to women who look like men, whom they are not attracted to.  (I have absolutely NO problem with same sex couples/homosexuality and if any of you care to shine some light on this, I am open to your comments!)
  3. What's with the saggy pants below the butt and those stupid truck driver gone urban hats?  First, these folks want to show us their asses and underwear, but then they cover their heads with the most stupid looking hat cocked to the side.  They truly look like morons from top to bottom.  (Get it? Top - the hats, to bottom - the pants.  Ha!)
  4. I think " 'Crackdown' on indecency" in the above picture was used very appropriately.  Don't you?
  5. Shoes.  I am a sandal girl myself.  Two of my kids, too.  The third son and my husband prefer sneakers when walking for long periods of time.  But there are those who wear their gigolo dress shoes or hooker platform sandals to an amusement park where they are going to be walking ALL DAY.  These people often fall into #1.
  6. Language.  So many must sense that I don't scream sentences with "FUCK" as every other word to my kids that therefore they are trying to fill that void for my kids.
  7. I am always shocked at how many people get pissed off because the ride attendants won't let a child who does not meet the height requirements ride a ride.  Don't they know those limits are there for a reason? 
  8. Why do people want to carry around tacky stuffed animals that are three times bigger than the average human?
  9. Relative to #6, why do people got to an amusement park, where there are tons of cool rides, and sit in an arcade and play games?
  10. Some women are really beautiful in their Hijabs.  I could never pull that off.
  11. After three times in a row on the Viking Fury, I totally understood why my husband calls it the Barf-O-Matic.  I didn't get sick, but I had to put my foot down in saying I would not ride it again.
  12. It's good to force your five year old to ride a ride he thinks will be scary but you know he will love.  See #10.  Then I could hardly stop him from riding.
Now, if I could only figure out how to take a picture of some of the above mentioned people without it being so obvious, I would.  However, I don't know how to do that and prefer not to risk my life at the amusement park.

(On a more serious note, I will be updating what I know about Stellan on the entry before this one.  Just look down below.)

10 comments:

  1. Seriously, I'd love the option to wear a hijab some days! The pants thing--I do not get. At all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...looks like regular parks aren't the only places that get the WT, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 AND #4 had me laughing so hard!

    Stopping by to give a little blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with your entire list - it's nice to know that what I've thought (or muttered to my hubby) someone else thinks the same thing or feels the same way... :)

    Thanks for doing the Stellan updates - keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. The amount of clothes needs to be upped by many. And the sagging pants.ick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Margaret

    http://racingonlinegames.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there,
    thanks for the sweet bday wishes! i loved thiss post! you need to go to disney with a camera, i don't know what is wrong with america but i can see how europeans look so down on us when just taking a good "look." where do ppl pick up such stupid fashion tips as to how low to wear there pants before they actually fall off? lol sooo true about every thing on your list! not a barf kind of ridder myself but everyone else in my family is!
    hugs,
    shelley
    http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
    http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO! I LOVE to people watch at amusement parks...it is so much more entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  9. The freak show at Disney is totally worth the price of admission. I wanted to take shots too, but Hubs wouldn't let me. Something about being a good example for our children.

    Wet blanket.

    Spot on with all these, baby. The words I learned! Wow. Make a sailor blush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahahahahahaha....I always wonder about the "girls" in hooker heels there. You cannot tell me, no matter how comfortable your shoes are, that heels and amusement parks go together.

    ReplyDelete