Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Fragments


I know Friday is almost over, but I am slipping in under the wire with Friday Fragments! Visit Mrs. 4444 for more Friday Fragments and to see that I was, for the SECOND time, one of her Favorite Friday Fragmenters!
  • Don't be fooled by a plastic baseball.  When it is hit full speed, line drive by a 200 lb. fit man and it hits you in the eye, IT HURTS!  I thought I was going to pass out, I couldn't hear properly out of my left ear (my left eye was hit), my right nostril immediately started running non-stop for hours and it was all I could do to not cry.  Thankfully, today it is just swollen and bloodshot, and my hearing is back and my nose is no longer running, though my eye will periodically start to water and it is sore in my eye socket when I move my eye.  Have you tried to get through a day without moving one of your eyes. It's impossible.  I seriously considered going to the ER so I could get some good drugs - for now and later.  But I think with this whole Michael Jackson drug/death ordeal, doctors may a little conservative in their prescription drug writing.  Bummer.
  • I have had one crazy week and I am looking forward to it coming to an end. 
  • I don't go to garage sales, but I am having one along with a neighbor for our neighborhood garage sale.  It's amazing what people will haggle over.
  • I am going to have a quiet week - my two older kids are with my in-laws until Wednesday and my youngest is at my parents for the weekend!
  • Bedbug Watch '09 is going strong.  No bugs, no bites.  I am working with a travel agent for my trip to Hawaii with my BFF.  When I was telling her what we wanted to do, what type of place we wanted to stay, etc. I think I should have added "and I would like a letter of confirmation that my room will not have bedbugs and I will not need to debug when I get home."

15 comments:

  1. Happy FF and TGIF, it HAS been a long week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii? Hawaii!?! No fair! Can I be your BFF? If I were your BFF, I would not have let you get hit in the eye!!

    Enjoy your quiet week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a big bedbug issue right now? I haven't heard of real bedbugs in YEARS. Thank God I have never seen them or had them, but I knew someone who traveled once and brought them home with her. GROSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your week without the kids. I'm sure it's going to be heaven! Are you giong to take care of yourself and get a facial or a massage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I got hit in the eye with a baseball, plastic or not, I'd probably lay on the ground and cry until they carted me away on a gurney *L* Glad your on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am like you, I don't go to garage sales, but I will have them. It is so true, people will haggle over $1 priced items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fragments are welcome any old time! Sorry to hear about your eye. I know from personal experience how much that can hurt.

    I've heard lots of people say how glad they are that this week is over. I hope you can enjoy your quiet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I am so glad your eye or vision weren't permanently damaged. I am sure that hurt like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt your pain thru my pc! Enjoy your kid free time & may your patience be plenty for the yard sale. The pickiness of some folk always tips my scale on being nice.
    As far as bed bugs; I thought my dog was in bed with us on Thurs. night & realized quickly she was not next to me. Flicked on the light knocking my water over & the light to find a HUGE cockroach IN BED with us. I am still profoundly creeped out. I wanted to move right then & there!! I'll take slugs anyday; they can't crawl into a bed! Happy weekend to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My eye started to water when I was reading about you getting hit in the eye with a plastic ball...OUCH! Glad you're OK - wonder if the ER people would have thought it funny had you gone in? ;)

    Hawaii?!! I'm so jealous! :) It's nice to know I'm not the only one that worries about bedbugs when traveling...luckily I've never encountered any in person, let's hope that track record remains the same! :)

    Happy FF a day late! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo! I'm visiting from the BlogFrog community. And it looks like I have a few things in common w/ you. Most important, I'm heading to Hawaii soon too!! yeah for us!! Glad your plastic bat accident isn't as bad as it could have been. See ya around I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a fellow Blog Frog leader so I wanted to drop in to say hey. Sorry to hear about your incident with the plastic baseball...just sounds painful. BTW, I get a bit freaked out when I go on vacation just thinking about the whole bedbug issue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah those plastic balls do hurt! I hope it feels better for you soon. That sux!

    Good luck on your garage sale. I hope you have a great week without the kids after the rough week you had.. you deserve a quite one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes we are having one in a week and I am ready to deal with the "will you take a penny" people LOL It is quite amazing how they try to low ball you but you can find some treasures at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete