Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ebb and Flow

Some days, I don't know if I am coming or going.  I get overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to do.  Sometimes, it's "stuff" I have brought on myself.   Scheduling too much in one day and waiting until the last minute to get done what I need to do.  Forgetting something on my grocery list and having to go back to the store before guests arrive.  I get a little frantic, but I guess not enough, because I tend to repeat these trends.

Sometimes, the "stuff" is out of my control.  Unexpected guests, plugged toilets (again!), cranky kids, cranky me.

Then comes the crash.  I did it!  I got it all done.  I squeezed it all in and there was success.  Now what?  Shouldn't I be doing something?  Surely I forgot something.  Should I start getting ready for the next crazy day?  Maybe if I prepare enough, I won't start running behind and hit panic mode.  Or maybe I'll just go with it and have a day to do nothing.  Hang out, go with the flow and not think about the next crazy day.  Yep, that is exactly what I will do.  Today you may find me lounging on the couch, or at the pool, or in my bed snoozing.  If you can't find me there, take a look around the neighborhood.  I may go for a walk, stop over at the neighbor's for a chat or hop on my bike.  No matter how I look at it though, some days are just for doing nothing.  At least until the next wave of "crazy" hits.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you caught up!

    Hoping you have a tremendously happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting everything done then doing nothing sounds so good...I am still in the middle of STUFF and ith no end in sight

    ReplyDelete
  3. good lord, girl... last time i was here you were dealing with a plugged toilet. do i need to find you a plumber??

    we missed you in chicago and there was rumor that you were supposed to have made an appearance! next year, there is NO excuse. your ass will be in NYC whether you like it or not!!

    back to the post... my days are exactly how you describe. i am hoping august is full of NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh.......................:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day of nothing sounds fabulous to me! You deserve a break. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck, yeah. If you're always trying to get ahead, you'll always be doing something...it will never end. Best to take breaks when they're available!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said it! My days seem either too busy or too lazy. I think that's because I dream when I ought to be doing.... then again I am told that the world could with dreamers.

    ReplyDelete