Monday, July 13, 2009

Doing my part.

Did you know I have given up my hair dryer and flat iron for the summer? It's true. I posted this on Facebook and was surprised how many people commented on how much energy I will be saving, Al Gore would be proud, etc. etc. I have to admit though, it didn't really occur to me about lessening my carbon footprint. I did it because I just wanted to give my hair a break from all of the heat and damage. However, I think I'll take the "tree hugger" approach and just smile and shake my head and say "Yep, I'm doing my part to save the earth."

Here are some photos of the result of not using any appliances (or shampoo, either, don't forget. Those sulfates and detergents are BAD for the environment, too!)  At 80% grey, however, I will NOT be giving up hair color.

12 comments:

  1. I wish I had curly hair like that. You have beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I love summer hair...why can't it last all year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm envious! I still skip a wash here and there, but if I didn't dry it when I did wash, it would just cling even closer to my head. How I wish I'd gotten the naturally curly hair gene in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your hair!! Throw the flat iron in the trash.

    Or in the recycle bin?

    Uncle Al would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I see pictures of you I think "who is this woman?" I guess that is what 9 years of living apart will do.

    Hey, are you practicing your growl, 'cause girlfriend, you look like a cougar!! Just don't start behaving like one!

    (You look good!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some where there has to be a statistic out there of how much energy that actually saves right. Stopped by from Blogfrog to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never straighten again! You have great hair! I giveit up in the suimmer, but all is does is lie flat....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give up mine every summer! Lookin' good miss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Love the hair! Are you using any product in it, to hold the curl or keep it from getting frizzy? That's my problem when I let mine go...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the bounce of your hair! It's a GREAT color and style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love it! Seriously it looks sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It's gorgeous. I would kill for that body!

    ReplyDelete