Monday, July 20, 2009

Brain Purge

I don't even know where to start.  I guess I should have thought about that before I sat down at the computer, but instead I sat down and started to type...

MG made it home safely.  After some beverages, ibuprofen and probably muscle relaxers, he went to sleep.  I think his butt and body are sore after the long motorcycle ride to and from Tennessee.  I think it might be a good thing we are finished having children, because he might be sterile now.

I went to watch a friend get a tattoo.  A three hour tattoo.  I left about 2.5 hours into it, so I haven't seen the finished artwork yet.  I seriously considered getting my nose pierced, but for some reason, this place only pierces with rings and I want a very small stud.  The guy that owns the tattoo studio, which is about a mile from my house, I think is in some kind of underworld militia.  He scared me a little with his two handguns, a large knife and a taser all strapped to his belt.  And it's so funny this tattoo parlor is in my little conservative, somewhat uptight, suburb. I love that he's there and keeps these "oh my, a tattoo parlor HERE?" types all revved up.  Did you know I have a tattoo?  Here it is.
It's the Breast Cancer Circle of Awareness and I got it after I walked my first Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk in 2005.  It's a 60 mile, 3 day walk.  I went on to walk again 2006.  Over the two walks, me and my team members raised over $40,000 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

After the tattoo
ing adventure, I headed off to dinner with friends and then back to one of the friend's house for a girls only sleepover and movie night.  We were up until almost 4 in the morning.  Don't get all excited, though, there was nothing that would have interested any Girls Gone Wild video types.

I opened my kids college savings account information today.  They each officially have less money in them than we have contributed.  I understand the whole concept of dollar cost averaging and all, but one of my kids only has about six years to recover from these losses so the economy better get a move on turning around.

I colored my hair yesterday and, as I have become accustomed to over the years, you don't always get what you imagined or hoped for.  I will give this crazy red shade a few days to calm down.  If that doesn't happen, onto plan B which will be to try to fix it without frying my hair off my head.

I am so BUMMED I did not know more about the BlogHer convention when it first started being advertised and registrations accepted.  Maybe next year.  Some of my favorite bloggers will be there and I would love to meet them!

the BlogFrog is going to be coming out with a cool new website this week.  Check it out later this week or early next!

10 comments:

  1. cracked up about your hair comment. My friend dyed her hair red once...Oh BOY...it was not what she had in mind. LOL.

    And ditto on BlogHer. At least now I know one other person who will not be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our college savings currently still has less than we've contributed, and we've got one entering this year and next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I colored my hair this weekend, too. Went to a local beauty school, so it seemed to take forever, but it was in such dire need of color that I'd have probably been happy had it turned out blue when it was all said and done!

    (thankfully, though, it is a nice reddish/brown shade instead!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bummed about BlogHer too. I was so new to blogging when registration began that I never even entertained the idea of going but now that I "know" more people and have a little more knowledge/experience I wish I were going. I am hoping for next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say...
    :o) Hope you had a Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cool tattoo. What a great way to support. I can't do that to myself though. I watched my cousin get a gecko tattooed on her ass.. no thank you.

    If that is your current shade of red in your profile pic.. I like it.

    IF I ca afford to go and get accepted to Blogher I will go. I think it would be very exciting to meet you and my other favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time and created some super memories while all for a great cause. Very nice.

    Im a follower now!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim
    Blog Frog Community Leader

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dye my hair red and I like it. I hope yours settles so it's to your liking. Redheads have to stick together.

    Great tat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tattoo!!! I'm doing the 3Day next weekend and I'm also getting a tattoo after...swing by my blog in mid-August to check out pics of the yet-to-be ink!

    ReplyDelete