Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ladies' Lounge goes to St. Louis

Just a few words before I return home from the Ladies' Lounge moms and kids trip.
  1. Bedbugs. In my hotel room. Checked out and found a new hotel at 1:00AM. With four sleepy kids in tow.
  2. Tornado. With five kids in the car. Right in front of us. I can drive really fast. So can my friends who were in the car in front of us.
  3. No electricity. See #2. Hotel moves me to a new room with electricity. Third hotel room in two days.
  4. Plugged up toilet. Apparently someone, whom I won't name, is capable of plugging a toilet no matter where we are in the United States of America.

We are having a blast. Really. I promise we are.

12 comments:

  1. ewwww....bed bugs? really?!? that's awful. Hope the hotel gave you your money back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know how to party! :-)

    The kids will remember it as the best vacation ever, I wouldn't doubt...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having an exciting (if dangerous, itchy and stinky). Ya got that going for you, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an eventful trip!!! I remember when I was younger, I went on a trip across country in a camper that had no generator and we had such a blast - everything went wrong! Sometimes those are the best types of trips. Enjoy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a toilet plugger in my family too!!! What is up with that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the best kind of trip. My family has tons of these stories from when I was growing up. We still laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is hilarious. can't wait to hear all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lord. Clearly I need to get caught up on my blog reading....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't stop thinking about the bed bugs, and now my skin feels all itchy...

    glad you're having fun, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIkes. Sounds like you made a quick and good decision to get out of the bug infestation. Whew! Being on vacation can be hard and dangerous--glad you could outgun that tornado. Moms need many skills in 2009!

    Here's hoping you have smooth sailing from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That trip will be replayed for a lifetime! LOL

    Hi! I'm following from the MBC followers club. I'm back online but with a diff url now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, you're going to need a vacation from your vacation! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete