Monday, June 29, 2009

Just come out and say it.

I was at my favorite "beauty" store, Ulta, today to grab some things on sale. There was a woman wandering through the store passing out some samples. She comes up to me and says something about it's "DDF Free Sample Day". (DDF stands for Doctors Dermatologic Formula, the brand she was representing.) She says something about "let me look at your skin." She scrunches up her nose a bit and then says, "Here, this is the formulation for you. It's an anti-aging product that does wonders for revitalizing mature skin." The BITCH said "mature skin" and she said it with a smile. She said "You will love this and a little goes a long way." Then, as she was walking away she says, "And don't forget to put some on your neck." Yep, I certainly felt the "beauty" of that store today.

UPDATE: I left out that her next victim was within my vicinity. The skincare rep. walked up to this woman with the same "DDF Free Sample Day" line and then said, "Oh, you look like you have some oil issues. Do you have a hard time controlling the oils on your face?" I wanted to lean over and say "Hey, she told me I have mature skin, so you got off easy," but the woman quickly admitted to having issues with oil control, so I minded my own "mature" business.

17 comments:

  1. ...And a trip and fall would have went an even longer way.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said something lol, what a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... What great restraint you showed not shoving it up her fat ...

    well you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neck????

    How did you stop yourself from wringing HER neck????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously? How do they think they're HELPING? Unsolicited "tips" are just rude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a fellow Mom Bloggers Club member, I'm following via the Follow Me Club list. =) I have also subscribed your blog via my Google Reader.

    Maricel --- Momhood Moments

    I'm currently building my blogroll too. Care for a link exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great rep - she makes you want to run right back to the store, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha...listen sister, my best friend saw my professional realtor picture and said "Wow, I can't believe how your face has matured tremendously". WTF???? That's a polite way to say "Bitch, you are old!" if I ever heard it! LOL

    Screw that rep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ouch- don't think I'll be going there any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would have said "I'm not sure it is working on you, so why should I buy it?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does she really think she is going to sell you some product that way? I would have told her No Thanks Mam. And left the store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mature is not decking her after a comment like that. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, following from MBC. Have a great day!

    http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mature skin, my ass. Not that my ass has mature skin. That's not my point. Wait, maybe I should start this comment over.

    Where did this witch go to sales and marketing school, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe she said that. I agree with some of the others. I am impressed that you didn't say anything back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I would have wanted to slap that woman! How could she possibly think that kind of sales tactic would work?

    ReplyDelete