Friday, June 19, 2009

Bedbug Watch '09

I am still inspecting things in my house - looking close, but not looking too close because I just don't know what I will do if I actually see a bedbug in my bed, furniture, carpet or anywhere else. Did you know bedbugs can live 12 months, yes I said TWELVE MONTHS, "without feasting on human blood"? This is a direct quote from the pest control company. One female can lay about 300 eggs in her lifetime.

And did you know you can get 500 bites in one night? I am a little irked that they feast on human blood. Come on, now. Why can't they feast on human fat? Kind of like an organic liposuction treatment. Imagine, 500 suckings of fat each night. Now that would be something to look forward to.

I am still inspecting bodies on a regular basis. I have a bug bite. I am freaking. I keep reminding myself I was out in the yard and flower bed yesterday pulling weeds and trimming off dead flowers and could have easily been bitten by a mosquito or any other non-bedbug bug. I don't get many mosquito bites, but there was no one else out there for a mosquito to go to, so maybe it chose my sweet self.

My husband is out of town. I have confirmed that he has scoured the room. No bedbugs for him, thank goodness.

Check out this report from March, 2006.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

8 comments:

  1. We're hitting Disney in a couple of weeks, and I'm so going to scour the place before I let the kids touch anything.

    Like I need another reason to hate hotel rooms?

    Major ew!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most upscale hotels have them, which scares me. The CLEANEST of all places...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bed Bugs freak me out! I have to stay in hotels a lot with work and I always make sure to check the bed and never put my suitcase on the bed...I definitely don't want them hitch hiking to my house! GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, GROSS! But I think you might be onto something with the FAT-sucking bed bugs. That would be a pest I could get behind (or hopefully it could get my behind).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christ, did you HAVE to say Bedbugs?????

    damn you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nooooo. I will be itching all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, sorry, but I am not even going to read this post. I don't want to spend the rest of the day scratching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to stop watching the minute he decided to show us how he fed them on himself. EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete