Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Because I am resourceful like that.

Big E is able to "babysit" while I go out and run errands, grab a quick lunch, get a massage, etc. I don't mind him staying here with Sous Chef and CJ as long as I am fairly close by, will only be gone for a couple of hours and if I won't be gone during a meal time.

For all other times, I get a sitter. One of our sitters isn't too much older than Big E, so I use her only when I need a sitter for the younger two. Our older sitters are so damn busy, it's hard to get them. My college babysitter is going on vacation this week.

So what is a mom to do when she REALLY wants to go out with her friends while her husband is out of town and no one is available to watch this gang o' boys? She stalks the nannies at the pool in her subdivision. Yep. I walked right up to one of them today, introduced myself and asked if she babysits in the evenings. I then entered her name and number on my cell phone and voila, I have one more babysitting option! I AM resourceful. (And as it turns out, my neighbor boy/guy is available, so I will save the nanny for the future!)

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! When I work, I shamelessly gather all the "good kids" to be babysitters.......they are too fearful to screw up for their teacher they rock as sitters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful! It is sometimes considered a mortal sin to bogart someone's sitter! I used to guard my good ones like a hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. . .you have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a crafty & cleaver move mom! I only wish we lived near bye. I have a son (in college) & my 17 yr. old daughter who love to sit. They are my youngest & have always loved kids. I think babysitting is being more regarded these days as summer jobs are so hard to find for these young people. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my son got to be of an age that he didn't want a babysitter but still needed one (in my opinion), we hired an older sister to "hang out" with him and her younger brother. Sometimes, you have to be crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete