Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Fragments

It's Friday, Friday, Friday! Thank goodness, it's Friday! I swear on Wednesday, I thought for sure it was Friday. Here are my fragmented thoughts outpouring themselves onto this blog. Check them out and then go visit Mrs. 4444 for some more Fragmented bloggers.

Nivea's Goodbye Cellulite Smoothing Cream
Have you seen this commercial? I'd like to know exactly WHERE these skinny bitches had cellulite to say goodbye to. Until I see someone, say, oh, like me, who has a dimpled ass and thighs, has birthed three huge babies and is short, show before and after pictures of this supposedly "goodbye cellulite" miracle product, I'm going to have to go with my gut instinct that IT DOESN'T WORK! Although, if a product does come out that can make me tall and skinny, I'm there!

I either have swine flu or I am having some serious menopause symptoms. Cold, comfortable, cold, HOT. HOT. HOT. Sweaty, have to open the windows hot. Cold, comfortable, cold, HOT! I am almost never hot and spend most of my time being cold, so I am getting some sideways glances from my husband.

I've had a hard time keeping my shit together lately. This is not totally out of the ordinary for me, but often I can fake it enough that it at least LOOKS like I have my shit together. I have not even been able to do that. Last week, CJ had his first t-ball game. I thought he had to be there at 5:30. Oops, the game STARTED at 5:30. We got there about 5:45 only to find the fields empty. Thankfully, I WAS at the right place, but the game had been rained out. I didn't even bother to call the rainout line prior to the game. Duh. Then this week I went to work on Tuesday, which is my scheduled night. The manager said, "Are you scheduled to work tonight?" I respond with, "It is Tuesday, isn't it?" thinking "holy crap, what day is it?" She then says, "Yes, but it's the first Tuesday of the month, so you work on Thursday because of your PTO meeting." Don't panic, though, readers, I was NOT missing the PTO meeting. It was rescheduled for next Monday and I forgot to update my PDA that there was not a board meeting and I still didn't have to work! At least I did remember to go to work on Thursday, when I REALLY was supposed to be there. I know from past management experience, it's not uncommon for employees and applicants to be a "no show" but I wonder how many people show up when they aren't supposed to? I also had a PTO meeting on Wednesday and totally skipped it. I just didn't feel like going - hubs out of town, homework to do, food to serve. I just wasn't up to it. It was the last meeting of the year, and mark my words, I do not plan to ever be on another PTO board. I was even asked to continue my position and I politely said "Hell NO!" Well, not really, I just said I was not planning to continue on the board but that I would be happy to help out in other areas as my schedule permits.

How long does it take for Easter grass to stop cropping up everywhere in my house? I have thrown away the grass and put away the baskets and I am STILL finding that green floss around the house.

When will I get to be the MOTHER on Mother's Day? My husband and kids are great about Mother's Day. My own mother, not so much.

17 comments:

  1. Oh dude. What a week. The PTO/work fiasco had me cracking up. You know what I've done? Completely thrown any semblance of a calendar out the window. I try to just remember everything. The calendar doesn't help me anyway and trying to remember makes life seem that much more dangerous and exciting.

    Yikes.

    And the Mother's Day comment? I am soooo NOT the mother on Mother's Day. Today I will drag the kids around buying all kinds of crap to make sure the mothers/grandmothers yada yada yada are taken care of this Mother's Day. Which is why Mother's day is such a DRAG! :-)

    But I guess when I will be the mother, everyone else will be dead so...I guess I'll get happy in my current role. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I'm concerned, if the kids are reasonably well fed and they manage to make it to school and the occasional extracurricular activity, you ROCK as a mom.

    The cold/hot/cold/HOT thing? Been there. Still there. Sucks.

    Happy Overworked Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Nivea stuff is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen that commercial yet, but I did see the product in Target recently, and I kid you not. I did a double-take and went back to look at it and then I may have snorted in a mix of irony and sadness. Heh. Here's where I'm going to go all old lady and say, OMG, if you can wear shorts as tiny as that model in the ad, cellulite isn't really much of a concern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANd the frazled cant get your shit together crap is probably related to menopause too. Aren't we just a lucky bunch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, i have seen that commercial and those skinny kids can bite me.

    i didn't know early alzheimer's was contagious through the keyboard. you have obviously caught it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, the best thing about not having children is that I don't have to deal with Easter grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about Soxy Deb's idea that the frazzled-can't-get-your-shit-togetherness is attributed to menopause...I've been doing it since JULY! And I have cellulite and I can't even blame it on childbirth! What is the world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of my life. If I don't write thigns down, I will definitely forget them. If I do write them down, I lose whatever I wrote on. If I put things in my iCal, I forget to look at my iCal. It must be that time of the year...

    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm frazzled as well, plus the poison ivy steroids are making me manic. It's a rough week for all around me.

    I love that we go to our parents on Easter, so there isn't any grass in the house. I'm still finding plastic eggs everywhere, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Jo are so a younger (much younger) version of me! Sometimes I think it's just the dental floss that keeps me up, or is it the scattered about leftover Easter grass?? It never seems to leave!
    I think your to young for menopause, but I can assure you, that it is EVERYTHING it is cracked up to be. Meaning...not good D:
    I wish you a very peaceful Mom's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart. My kids have been sick for what appears to be forever. Usually, there aren't that many illnesses around this time of year and these new ones seem to be horrible. I hope you feel better soon. And I hope you have a great Mother's Day.
    As for the Easter grass, I quit buying that stuff eons ago. The kids never missed it because candy was the goal. And I hate it. With a passion. It never goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to say Hi! I found you via the Mom Bloggers Club Follow Me Group. I am now following you! Stop by my site when the get the chance! I also have a lot of giveaways going on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. can I admit that I laughed a little... okay maybe a lot... :) Great friday fragments. Hope things run a little smoother, and have a happy mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so with you on the scatterbrained moments; our lives are SO full! Thanks for taking the time to join FF this week :) Happy Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where do i sign up to be the Mom on Mother's Day???


    dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perhaps we need to re-inforce our love for one another on Mother's Day - for Neglected Moms/Mums/Mothers... A bit like Blogher? We could have awards for all, get-togethers and we might get sponsors - But not for cellulite cream - Life's too short, my dahlink! Great post, and reflects just how crazy all our lives are getting, with all the juggling... x

    ReplyDelete