Saturday, May 2, 2009

Do It Yourself Skincare

It's been a while since I have talked about my skincare regimen. It's nothing fancy, not even close. I use The Oil Cleansing Method.. You can read about my version here and here and here if you are interested. And you know you are. So go on, go check it out and then come back to finish reading this post.

Well, recently I came across the following, thanks to Marie at Vintage Postcards. I just couldn't resist sharing it and I will be giving it a try very soon. I just need to get me some cocoa powder. I am not sure Hershey's Chocolate Syrup would have the same effect.

Here's a DIY chocolate mask recipe video! It's easy peasy and will leave your normal, dehydrated or mature (that's me!) skin glowing!

2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons yoghurt
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons finely chopped oats
Mix and slather this edible mixture on your face. Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse off with water.




Now for the eyebrow threading. I've received a few questions regarding that as well. This is the video Rose from Delightfully Inappropriate hooked me up with. It's easy and pain free. At least it was for me. I have heard from a few others that they think it feels the same as plucking, but I swear, if I hadn't seen my the little hairs trickling onto the sink top, I would not have known any "de-browing" was taking place!

5 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm I think I will try that mask .. oh wait.. my dogs would try to lick it off. Dammit

    Maybe I'll misx it and eat it instead.. oh wait.. that will make my clothes shrink even more sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love things like this....I always loved the Helpful Hints from Heloise books when i was a kid & would always try that homemade stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo! A girl after my own heart. Love a good DYI! Can't wait to try.
    Hope you're having a good weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly the type of skincare I have been looking for! Living in the desert, we look like raisins if we're not careful! I am off for the castor oil and eevo! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great blog! I love stuff like this. I use an oil based cleanser from Burt's Bees and love it. I'm definitely trying out this mask!

    ReplyDelete