Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bead for Life

I saw this incredibly inspiring story on the Today Show yesterday and wanted to share it with you. I am planning to host a party in the near future and think all of you should consider it, too! If you don't want to host a party, though, check out their store and order something online. What about blogging about this great organization, too? Get the word out!

BeadforLife's mission statement is: BeadforLife creates sustainable opportunities for women to lift their families out of extreme poverty by connecting people worldwide in a circle of exchange that enriches everyone.

The beads are made from using recycled paper and rolling them into beads and then covering with a sealent. The beads are then used to make earrings, necklaces and bracelets. You can watch a video HERE and I suggest you watch it. It is interesting and uplifting to see these women work and commune together while making decent wages.

What an incredible story about incredible women!

5 comments:

  1. the beads are really beautiful. i am always up for some shopping! especially for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing.. you probably couldn't tell they were made from paper unless you were looking closely. What a beautiful way to bring money to those who need it most

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...you've been tagged...check out my blog for the details

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring. I love to buy fair market things, and these beads are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I could sit around together and watch The Today Show! :-) Anyway - yes, this sounds awesome. I have a necklace made this very way that I bought in Big Sur. This gives me an idea to maybe have a week at MWOB where we blog about worthy causes/organizations like this....I love it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete