Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute: My Favorite Things

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.

Tuesday's Tribute is a day to pay tribute to something or someone.  I've done tributes to the good, the bad and the ugly.  Ok, maybe not the ugly and I won't be addressing that today, either.  I am having a hard time picking just one thing, so I thought today I would share some of my favorite things.  Obviously, my family would be at the top of the list, but I am leaving them out because I talk about them enough and I just posted photos on Sunday and quite frankly, that's enough visuals of us for now.

So here goes, in no particular order:
Germano's - Mama Germano still makes the desserts every day!
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - LOVE this place.

This little flavorite (yes, I did really mean to type flavorite!) explains the extra pounds I have packed on recently.  And dammit, I just had a coupon for "buy one, get one free" so I won't be putting them down anytime soon!  Oh, and I don't even like potato chips ... until now.

Yum.  If you are going to make iced tea, these are the ONLY tea bags to use.  Don't forget the filtered water, that nasty tap water will ruin your flavor!


Splash a little coke in with this guy and YUM. Warning:  too much causes stupidity during use and mind numbing headaches the following day.





Hmmm...I'm getting a little concerned that all of my favorites have to do with food and drinks.  Maybe I should think of something else.

This represents SPRING with all of the trees that are in full white bloom lining our subdivsion streets. 

I love a warm, beautiful beach and a relaxing vacation.  I am SO looking forward to a Hawaiian vacation this fall with my BFF.

Not only do I love this book, but I love to read in general!  Hand me a good book and I can disappear for quite a while.  Often, my kids are running totally amuck, making all kinds of noise and living off of pop-tarts while I sit on the couch totally entranced with a good book!







DVR.  Does there need to be an explanation?

20 comments:

  1. Can't beat the DVR. When you didn't hear what the guy said before he shot the other guy, you can just rewind and watch the mayhem again. But spring, now that's something. So much better in the south than it was in MAssachusetts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl,
    Why didn't you post about that "Reunion Salad"?
    Since you gave me 2 huge samples, it has become one of my new favorite things. When the weather gets warmer and you are in the mood to type out the recipe, I'd sure love to get it.
    www.opendoorlearningcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great tuesday tribute! I so want a DVR...and ahhhhh a warm beach...I think I will do TT today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could really go for a DVR. I pause ALL THE TIME in movies and really wish I could do it for radio and TV. Hmmmmm...birthday is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, I don't know how people survive without a DVR. I cannot watch anything live now, I'm so spoiled being able to FF through commercials....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried the Captain in your coffee? Sometimes it's mama's little helper...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh girl... this list put oprah to shame!

    please tell me i didn't read that you are taking a vacation to hawaii with your bff??? no family members??? can you see how green i am?

    ps: if you have packed on pounds, thank the lord you have, because you must not have been able to even stand before! in those easter shots, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trees on your neighborhood look awesome. We still don't have much going on in the way of "green" here in Colorado. I hope spring kicks into gear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I don't remember anything other than you're going to Hawaii with your BFF.

    I don't like you very much right now.

    Mail me a bag of those chips, and I'll call it even.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to read, too, but I have to say my favorite thing from this list has to be the DVR. I can't believe I ever existed before it came to live with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forget sliced bread. The DVR is perhaps the best thing ever invented. I'd be lost without it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stupid question . . .is East of Eden really good??? I never thought about reading it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree with each and EVERY one. Love the chips, Steinbeck and couldn't even think of living without BOTH ReplayTv and TiVo - just in case one gets screwed up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The DVR is kickass! Have you tried the show "Trust Me" on TNT? Great one to zip through...oh, and my new guilty pleasure? Mistresses on BBC America. Oh yeah.....those Brits know how to shag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, you put together a helluva list, Jo...hard to top that one.

    I think you just rekindled an old affair I had with the Captain...

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some really great favorites. For you of course, not me. LOL Except the Captain....I'll share the Captain. And the beach. And the Springtime. Did I mention I love lists? I'm blog hopping today...commenting on a blog and then picking someone else who commented and visiting them...and then picking another commenter...etc. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just reminded me how I used to drink rum and cokes ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was quite an impressive array of favorite things. Your subdivision streets are fascinating and look like total clean perfection. and that pic of Hawaii? I hope we get there this year sometime.....

    And I'm still loving your spring polka-dots over here. Awesome. Always make me smile when your page loads.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your favorites are my kind of favorites. Simple & oh so good!
    (:

    ReplyDelete